Combine your writing and speaking preparation for TOEFL iBT

Hello Jason,
I think your suggestion is good.
Dong

Hi i have just seen this topic to write. Please let me know how it went

What are the causes of overpopulations? What should the government do to overcome it?

In today’s society the overpopulation is an important issue to deal with. Overpopulation has many hazardous affects on local level as well as globally. On one hand it can cause unemployment, poverty, increase crimes and control of economy at the social level. Whereas it also has destroyed natural resources, food and clean water and in return it gave us widespread diseases in worldwide.

Overpopulation can cause by belief, religious and encouragement from policies of particular countries. For example, in India the population has reached 1 billions recently. The local belief among farmers is that the more hands would help them in the farm to grow more food. Other than that, poor and uneducated population of India are superstitious. They have blind faith on gods and on the local quacks that told them not to use any protection to control population, as god will be angry. Moreover the local politicians in India promote this belief and religious propaganda to attract more votes to come into the power.

The government of the developing countries who have similar problem which they are enduring for a long time, should educate their people to understand the dangerous effects on the future from overpopulation. Also, they can subsidise the family who have less children. The developing countries that are putting pressure on local resources should take example of China. In China, there are some restrictions to have more than one child from a couple. Governments of poor countries should also talk to religious gurus to make them understand the effects causing on the food supply and water, which will certainly affects on them as well on the long term.

To conclude, all the governments should work hand to hand with their local leaders to educate population the degrading affects of overpopulation.

Hello, everybody!!! I’m Siranoush from Armenia. I’m a student. I study at the state university of economics in my country. I want to develop my English. This site really helps me. I have some problems in speaking English fluently as we usually dont speak English in my country. I would like to make friends here to study together. Thanks:)

Hello, everybody!!! I’m Siranoush from Armenia. I’m a student. I study at the State University of Economics in my country. I want to develop my English. This site really helps me. I have some problems in speaking English fluently as we usually dont speak English in my country. I would like to make friends here to study together. Thanks:)

Thank you so much for everything, I love all of your lessons 1,2 and 3. My name is Hser, my native country is Burma I moved to Thai border and lived there for many years
before we came to Canada. I came to Canada on 2006, Nov-1. I have been in Canada for 4 years.But my english still poor,sometime I am so upset.I still take EsL school.
In my class I don’t understand every sentences from my teacher yet.I know my self that my vocabullay very poor.I love your mathod more than my school.
I came to Canada because of the Canada goverment support us.

Am preparing for toefl in two weeks time. Am very thirsty to get guidelines on how to prepare. May anyone assist me with the strategy of approaching the reading question so that am not cut short by time. My mail address is: isokumamuj@gmail.com

hi i need to leran thank

Dear teacher…
Dalam kurang lebih 5 bulan lagi saya akan mengi kuti test USM. Dimana, dlam ujian tu ada test toeflnya, Grammar and reading.
Maka untuk itu mohon bantuanya untuk memberikan cara yang mudah untuk menyelesaikan ujian tersebut…
thank you…

Hi Jason: thank for your advise it was very helpful for me. I will try to write and read my essays. It would be great. Event though I have problem thinking quickly the outline, Intro body and conclussion. Have you any tips for this?
sincerly Marisita

Hi Jason: thank for your advise it was very helpful for me. I will try to write and read my essays. It would be great. Event though I have problem thinking quickly the outline, Intro body and conclussion. Have you any tips for this?
sincerly Marisita

Hi: I am Marisita, I’ll do dentistry like a foreing dentist in USA. But I have to get an High score in English Toefl test before go to University. I would like to practice with you, if you want. My speaking is poor, even though I am living here a few years, but I do not have natives americans to practice, because I live among people from my country.

hi everybody .i’m an Iranian and so glad to be here i really appreciate your excellent job.i’d like to improvre my listening comprehension to extent that i can understand movie diologs.

with respect
Mina

Hi guys, yesterday I took the Toefl test in Florida and it was col test and I like it… even if I didn’t do well, but for me is reversed!! it is not that difficult just what I need take the course and do the practic.

So, be optimistic…:wink:

Hey Tom
This site has provided us with a helpfull tool,by which we can improve our speaking skill as well as writing.
I would like to mention that having some friends like you can be also very helpful, and I appreciate.
Merry christmas to you and I wish you a very prosperous year
Maryam

hi,
iam nawras from jordan.iam preparing for TOEFL. the proplem i face is listening. the question is how can i develop my listening skill for TOEFL .

@nawras
You may use my guide to do better on listening section. You may ignore my suggestions because my Listening score is a bit low 22-25.
Anyway, I suggest you to expose yourself to the English speech as more as possible and to memorize idioms.
Good Luck.

am new, but it seems extreamly nice to me, being with you.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hello every one. I am Mongolian. I have just joined today here and have found this site is very useful. I want to develop my my speaking and writing skill. So I would like to talk to every one else who speaks English and studying English through the SKYPE. I think this will be very helpful for our English studying. My Skype ID: nominnomin65
Mail address: nomin_mgl@yahoo.com
I hope you join me. Let`s speak English together,
Thank you
Regards,
Nomin