Combine the sentence: If you would like to see my medical...

Hi,

The sentence is “If you would like to see my medical transcripts. I will send you through email.”

How to combine the above sentence?

I’d just say:

‘If you like to see my medical transcript, I wiil (or I’ll) send it to you by email.’

The first one is not a sentence; it is a fragment. Replace the period with a comma. Replace through with them by.

Hi Swami

Just to summarize, :wink: you can write any of the following:

[i]If you would like to see my medical transcripts, I will send you them by email.

If you would like to see my medical transcripts, I will send them to you by email.

If you would like to see my medical transcript, I will send it to you by email.[/i]

Hi Tamara

In your sentence. did you leave out the word “would” intentionally or was that just a typo?

I ask because I got the feeling you might have been thinking of the “standard” IF-sentence “rules” — which don’t apply in this case. :shock:

Amy

Hi Amy,

Your feeling was right: it wasn’t a typo, but my full-fledged :slight_smile: mistake.
I quite often - easily, carelessly (and interchangeably :)) - use both: the correct form ‘If you would like’ and the wrong one (wrong - in this context) ‘If you like’.

Thank you, Amy. As now I’m quite ashamed for that, hopefully it’ll help. :slight_smile:

Tamara

Hi,

Thanks to everybody.

my special thanks to amy.