Clothes affect people's behaviors

Hi, this my new essay. Hope you can check and rate it for me! Thank you!
Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer?

Essay:

Many people avoid mentioning the statement that clothes influence the way people behave because it sometimes brings a sense of unfairness which is not supported by the progressive society. However, I think it is undeniable that people wearing different clothes behave differently; not only because they are affected by the appereances of the clothes but also their social and ecomomic characteristics.

First of all, it is very clear that the outside appearances of the clothes change the way people act. For example, people wearing thick clothes, normally used in the winter, can not run swiftly or jump up in the street because of the resistance from the clothes; on the other hands, wearing short and frail clothes to go to the beach, for instance, they can move agilely and tend to be more active. Likewise, the colors of the clothes can also influence the way people behave. One can easily point out that old people who usually put on black and grey clothes cannot compare with mischivious kids wearing clothes with radiant colors, which make them more active, in the intensity of acts.

Secondly, social aspect of clothes is also a factor that shape the people’s behavior as well. Clothes sometimes reflect one’s jobs, the business he is taking part in or even his duty. For example, military soldiers wear uniform and politicians always appear in vests. For clothes represents their working fields, which requires them to behave in unique ways, they have enormous effects on people’s behaviors. For example, soldiers with uniform always show the firmness in their acts and politicians usually behave in a patient, polite manner. But if a soldier and a politician are in their house, playing with their kids while wearing other kinds of clothes, I do not think they would not be as serious and polite as they are in their jobs.

Finally, the effects that the economic side of clothes have on people’s behaviors cannot be left out. To be more specific, people wearing clothes that are expensive and of famous brands are more confident. Imagine that, walking in the street with a luxurious jean, an attractive shirt and a pair of Nike shoes on your feet, confidence is a certain feeling you can enjoy.

To conclude, in my opinion, clothes have great influences on people’s behaviors considering their appearent, social and ecomomical features. To determine one’s morality based on their clothes would be wrong, but clothes definitely modify people’s behaviors in numerous ways.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Archeology

Hi Helias, I thought your essay was pretty good. You have a good structure and have included strong supporting arguments that address the topic well. You do have some misspelled words and some mistakes in sentence structure, along with a few phrases that sound unclear or awkward. Overall, I would rate this one a 4 out of 5.