close relationships with pets?

Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats, or other animals as members of family. In my opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, many people take care of pets such as birds, dogs or cats and consider them as good friends or members of family. From my point of view, however, I strongly believe that these relationships are not good. This is because they spend too much time and money and also exert harmful impacts on people’s health.

The first reason I firmly claim that treating pets is not beneficial is that it wastes too much time and money. It is obvious that when you nurture an animal and think that it is a good friend of yours, you have to spend time and money making it happy. It is very negative for you because you would be distracted from doing other work more important. For instance, when you are excessively interested in a bird you cure at your home and just think of it in all of day, you could not focus on studying, then result of studying would fall down. Needless to say, it is really appreciative to establish too tight relationships with pets.

Another reason I actually oppose close relationships between people and animals is that in most cases, it can create dangerous diseases threatening people. In fact, cats are a major element to convey asthma to people. More particularly, a lot of children in the world are inflected the disease when they play with their cats. Therefore, buiding a too close relationship with an animal is dramatically risk. The reasoning behind this is that people are not for sure that which of animals are healthy. There is no doubt that it is better for people to keep themselves away from animals.

In conclusion, based on the arguments explore above, I am absolutely convinced that curing pets as members of family is a bad idea. This is because it is a waste of time, money and also creates disastrous impacts to people’s heath.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a research professor and a student

Hi Hoangle, I thought your essay started off strong - I liked this introduction. You also had some good ideas and supported them well. But you had a lot of odd sounding words and phrases, some of which were pretty unclear to me. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.