Please help me to check this. Many thanks.
- Most people were no longer listening to his long (irritable/ boring/ tiring/ annoying) story.
- There is often so much traffic on the main thoroughfares that motorists may be able to travel faster on (subordinate/ local/ district/ minor) roads.
- A force of desperate men burst out of the besieged city and (defeated/ broke down/ gained/ submitted) the army that had surrounded them.
- He says he would write an English course book if he could find a(n) (accomplice/ ally/ collaborator/ partner) to deal with the less interesting parts.
- The (savage/ wild/fierce/ untamed) cats that are still found in some remote places are distantly related to our friendly domestic companions.
- I should like to rent a house, modern, comfortable, and (before all/ above all/ first of all/ after all) in a quiet position.
- I have had a (success/ continuation/ repetition/ succession) of misfortunes.
- He had an (uneducated/ offensive/ objectionable/ offending) habit of emptying his and trays out of his upstairs window on to our doorsteps.
- The music aroused an (intense/ intentional/ intensive/ intending) feeling of homesickness in him.
- The jury (accused/ charged/ convicted/ acquitted) him of having communicated the robbery and he was then sentenced to five years’ imprisonment.