Childhood amnesia - integrated task

Hi dear tutors. I would like to find out what mistakes I do in integrated tasks. Could you help me to understand it? Please, check this essay. It’s from preparation course for the TOEFL by Longman. Thank you beforehand

In this set of materials the reading passage gives us general information about phenomenon called childhood amnesia, while the listening passage supplements this information with hypothesis about its possible cause.

According to the reading passage one of the amazing characteristics of human memory is inability to remember events that took place in early childhood, although in first few years human has tremendous capability to absorb a huge amount of necessary data. This phenomenon was first noticed by Freud in 1805, who called it childhood amnesia. Since that time numerous researches were held. Though it was difficult to find out what a person should remember about his childhood, scientists managed to solve this issue by using documented events from family celebrations. The result of these studies proved the tendency of people to forget childish memories.

The listening passage is focused on the cause of the phenomenon. According to the professor, the cause of the childhood amnesia is not known for sure, but there is one generally accepted hypothesis that explains this characteristic with difference between child’s and adult’s memorizing methods. As, kids fix events taking place around them randomly, while adults retain them in an organized way. That’s why children’ memories do not last long. Adult’s ability to retain events in memory by associating and organizing is related to a part of brain, hippocampus. This part of brain is not well developed or matured in early childhood. Therefore, people are probably prone to forget events occurred in the first years of their lives.

In a word, the reading and listening passages are not contradictory. They describe an interesting phenomenon typical for human beings.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the young woman sit in the rear seat of the car?

Hi dear tutors. I would like to find out what mistakes I do in integrated tasks. Could you help me to understand it? Please, check this essay. It’s from preparation course for the TOEFL by Longman. Thank you beforehand

In this set of materials the reading passage gives us general information about phenomenon called childhood amnesia, while the listening passage supplements this information with hypothesis about its possible cause.

According to the reading passage one of the amazing characteristics of human memory is AN inability to remember events that took place in early childhood, although in THE first few years A human has A tremendous capability to absorb a huge amount of necessary data. This phenomenon was first noticed by Freud in 1805, who called it childhood amnesia. Since that time numerous researches were held. Though it was difficult to find out what a person should remember about his childhood, scientists managed to solve this issue by using documented events from family celebrations. The result of these studies proved the tendency of people to forget childish memories.

The listening passage is focused on the cause of the phenomenon. According to the professor, the cause of the childhood amnesia is not known for sure, but there is one generally accepted hypothesis that explains this characteristic with differenceS between child’s and adult’s memorizing methods. CHILDREN fix events taking place around them randomly, while adults retain them in an organized way. That’s why children’S memories do not last long. AN adult’s ability to retain events in memory by associating and organizing is related to a part of THE brain, hippocampus. This part of THE brain is not well developed or FULLY matured in early childhood. Therefore, people are probably prone to forget events WHICH HAVE occurred in the first years of their lives.

In a word, the reading and listening passages are not contradictory. They describe an interesting phenomenon typical OF human beings.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good Remula. You seem to have covered everything quite adequately.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Kitos,

What preposition should follow after capable? In the other essay you wrote capable of, but here you didn’t correct capable to.

Aren’t kids are little children?

And one more question: Should I write a conclusion in the integrated task or not?

thank you very much :slight_smile:

Aren’t kids are little children?
… do NOT write kids in a formal essay!

IN this essay a capability TO is correct. In the other being capable OF is also correct. It all depends on the context.

Should I write a conclusion in the integrated task or not? … I’m not sure, but I don’t see why not.

My mother never tired of telling me, “Kids are baby goats.” Even when it was a total stranger who mentioned the word.

In Azeri we call children and woman ‘lamb’ as a pey name :slight_smile:

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu