Capitalise car park and campsite in name?

Hi, should it be Nugget Point car park OR Nugget Point Car Park? Also what about campsite— eg. Otago campsite OR Otago Campsite? thanks

2 Likes

It should be capitalized it it’s actually the name. Basically the company decides the proper spelling and punctuation of it’s name. So look to company literature, advertising or other published documents and spell it the same way.

2 Likes

Thx for the reply. So youre saying campsite and car park are proper nouns that should be capitalised?

2 Likes

I understand that this the complete name so all four words should be capitalized.

1 Like

If it’s not the formal name for the car park, it wouldn’t be capitalized. That is if it was simply a car park that was located at Nugget Point, it would not be capitalized.

“We unloaded our gear at the Nugget Point car park.”

BTW, I just looked up Nugget Point and it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

1 Like

No. I’m saying I don’t know.
IF it is part of the official name then it should be capitalized.

I looked up both of these. I did not find anything with the exact wording “Nugget Point car park” or “Otago campsite”.

In both cases, “car park” and “campsite” appear to be generic and not part of a formal name. So they should be lower case.

If you use an article in your sentence…

There appears to only be one car park at Nugget point, so “the” should be used.
The car park at Nugget Point.

Otago has a large number of campsites.
A campsite at Otago.
or
A campsite near Otago.
or
An Otago campsite

2 Likes