capital building

Hi

I would appreciate if you could tell me the meaning of “capital building” in below sentence:

After 2008 ,it quickly became apparent that in order to keep the capital building costs down, it would be necessary to manage demand.

Regards,
Swan

The important part of that phrase is ‘capital building costs’, not ‘capital building’.

Capital costs are costs associated with one-off expenditure on the acquisition, construction or enhancement of fixed assets such as land, buildings and equipment that will be of use or benefit for more than one financial year.

The costs refer to the one-time setup cost of a plant or project, after which there will only be recurring operational or running costs.

Read more: businessdictionary.com/defin … z3p9Niz83u

Thanks a lot. I not only learnt about capital costs but also learnt new words like one-off & expenditure.

the sentence below.
is preferable.

Capital means liquid cash as well as other assets like investments, buildings, machinery etc. In my view, here, ‘capital building costs’ refers to the expenses incurred to raise (build) capital; i.e. incurred for building capital (capital building). Such costs can be minimized by effectively managing demand as the sentences indicates.