Cane toad an animal -Integrated essay

The reading and the lecture both discuss about Cane toad. The reading suggest that due to Cane toad’s harmful effect to the native animals, its population should be controlled and provides reasons to prohibit the Cane toad spread in Australia. However, the professor opposes this point by saying that it is not easy to get rid from can toad by methods suggested in article plus those methods are unsuccessful and leads to unwanted Environmental damage.

First and foremost, the reading suggest that by building a National fence could close the entry point of Cane toad specially those area where colonization is not established. Moreover, this method is proven as it was used in past to protect native animals of Australia by Rabbits. The professor, however, says that National fence could not provide any help as young toad and eggs are present in stream and lakes. Therefore, Toads can easily go to the otherside. He goes on to say that this method is ineffetive.

Secondly, the article posits that Cane toads can easily caught and killed. In fact, with easy trick and by using hand. Plus, if government organize a campaign then local people could also joint to kill the Cane tods and eventually stop the spread. Whereas, the professor opposes this idea by saying that this method could not get success as untrianed person can destroy the native frog, those are near to extinct and native to australia.

Thirdly, the article posits that Cane toads can be killed by formulating a disease causing Virus. Because of, Virus can be helpful to infect reptiles and amphibians and specifically killed the Cane toads by hampering its maturation and reproduction. In contrast to that the professor says that it is very bad idea as this artifically made Virus can create a harmful effect in native Cane tods of USA. As transfer of Cane toads are possible due to Scientist and pet colllector. Moreover, it leads to disastrous effect in ecosyste. Plus, Cane toads are native and vitally important in USA that got threten by this.

2 Likes

Please compare your version against this amended version sentence by sentence:

The reading and the lecture both deal with the cane toad. The reading suggests that because of the detrimental effect of the natterjack toad on native animals, its population should be controlled and provides reasons to ban the spread of the natterjack toad in Australia. However, the professor disagrees with this point, saying that it is not easy to get rid of the toad using the methods suggested in the article, and that these methods are also unsuccessful and result in undesirable environmental damage.

In the first place, the reading suggests that the construction of a national fence could close the entrance gate of the natterjack toad, especially in the areas where the colonization is not established. In addition, this method is proven, as it has been used in the past to protect Australia’s native animals from rabbits. However, the professor says that a national fence may not be of any help because young toads and eggs are present in streams and lakes. Therefore, the toads can easily go to the other side. He further states that this method is ineffective.

Second, the article claims that cane toads can be easily trapped and killed. In fact, with a simple trick and by hand. And if the government were to organize a campaign, local people could also band together to kill the toads to stop the spread. The professor disagrees with this idea, saying that this method could not succeed because trespassers can destroy the native frog, which is indigenous to Australia and almost extinct.

Third, the article postulates that cane toads can be killed by formulating a disease-causing virus. This is because the virus can be helpful in infecting reptiles and amphibians and specifically killing cane toads by interfering with their maturation and reproduction. In contrast, the professor says it is a very bad idea because this man-made virus can have a harmful effect on native toads in the United States. This is because the transmission of cane toads is possible through scientists and pet collectors. Moreover, this leads to catastrophic effects in the ecosystem. Moreover, cane toads are native and vital to the U.S., which are threatened by this.

2 Likes

Hello Torsten,

Thank you so much for reply… Highly appreciate…

What do you think about overall essay?
If you want to score this essay then what score you will give out of five?
Moreover, for grammar point of view, what should I focused more?

2 Likes

Since I honestly do want to help you make the most of your intellectual potential I’d like to ask you the following question in response to your request. What are your plans for the next couple of years and what role does the TOEFL exam play in your life?

1 Like

My self Bansari. I am dentist. I want to apply for masters in USA. I want 100+ in TOEFL examination and it is crucial for me to secure my position in reputed university

2 Likes

I think you should start focusing on the basics. Try to write simple sentence in clear and idiomatic English:

I am Bansari. I am a dentist. I want to apply for a Master’s program in the USA. I want to score at least 100 points on the TOEFL exam because it is crucial for me to get a place in a prestigious university.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the correction. I will write sentences that could convey the message explicitly and in a normal way.

1 Like

Your sentence has many an error, Bansari.

1. There is a marked difference between My self and Myself. (Neither is correct here)
  2. From my own experience and exposure, I would say that ‘Myself is Bansari.’ is a ‘localised’ usage created for convenience (out of ignorance) by non-native users of English.
  3. Just say: My name is Bansari. or I am Bansari. (as suggested by Torsten).
  4. You need to use the non-definite article (a/an) before the name of an occupation or profession.(I am a dentist; I am an engineer; I am a student).
  5. The word ‘masters’ should be written as Master’s programme/Master’s course).
  6. The use of 100+ points is not good/formal English. (Say more than 100 points or at least 100 points).
  7. The name of a country composed of smaller constituent units/states should be preceded by the.(So, say the USA, the UK, the UAE etc).
  8. The word reputed needs to be changed into reputable and written as a reputable university. (Use the article ‘a’ or ‘an’ when you do not specify a university).

(Please pay more attention to how the English language is being used by speakers and writers in general. Listen to as many talks, lectures, speeches, discourses etc as possible. Also read, read and read again. All the best!)

3 Likes