Can you correct my essay?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and pollution. What extend do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think more effective?

Nowadays, the tension between the Western countries and Middle-East countries is increasing at an alarming rate. This leads to the increase in petrol price because Middle-East countries own most of the world’s petrol resources. However, many people are glad with this trend. They believe that this can help to reduce the amount of traffic and solve pollution problems. In my point of view, I partly agree with this opinion.
Those who are in favor of this view may point out that increasing the price of petrol means that people can no longer rely on personal vehicles. As a result, in order to save money, public transport is the best alternative in this situation. Due to the decrease in the amount of traffic, there is no more traffic jam in rush hours. In addition, one more benefit is that people can address the issue of pollution. Fewer vehicles on the street mean less exhaust fumes.
However, the growth in petrol price can cause other problems. Petrol is now used as the most popular source of energy to operate machines in many areas. Therefore, the cost to produce products also goes up. This can prevent the economy from developing because people have to consider more carefully when buying something.
In my opinion, there are other ways to tackle traffic and pollution problems rather than increase the price of petrol. We first raise people’s awareness of the advantages of public transport and the effects of pollution on people’s lives. The government should also hold more campaigns to encourage people to reduce the usage of personal vehicles.
In conclusion, I believe increasing the price of petrol is a short-term solution because it has some weaknesses. We need to come up with long-term ways to solve this problem completely.

Thank you very much

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Leonardo da Vinci?

Hi, I think this is a very well-written essay. You have addressed the prompt well and your writing is quite clear and natural sounding for the most part. You do have a few word choices that could be improved and some grammatical errors here and there. Your vocabulary is good, but there is a bit of room for improvement. Your verb tense choices are grammatically correct, but I think it might be more clear if you say “this would happen” rather than using the simple present. Overall, I would rate this a band 7.

Thank you. Your comments are very helpful. It really helps me to improve my writing skills :slight_smile: