Can you check it out if I hear something wrong in the following video?

Hi everyone,

I would like to pratice a video and I write down what I hear. So please correct me. Here it the video, tinyurl.com/6zxhqn If someone likes to join and continue the next script is very welcome. The more people join, then we can have fun more.

The script is between from 00:00 to 00:29.

Here is what I hear.

Hi, I am Tracy Metro. Welcome to the ring Gadget. We’ll give the lowdown and later’s high-tech …out there… . Look for us the stylish concern like a electricity or how about these GardenGlo planters. They to limonite your garden . The great thing about the GardenGlo is not only the…at night , but it also serves as plater.

Left off at 00:29.

Thanks in advance.

Maggie :lol:

Hi maggie

Would luv to, but your link does not work.

cheers stew.t.

Hi, Stew

It’s really easy - just get rid of that dot at the end of the URL :wink:

Hi, Maggie

I’ll have a go at it, here’s what I could make out:

Hi, I am Tracy Metro. Welcome to the green Gadget. we’re giving your the lowdown on the latest high-teck, eco-friendly gadgets out there. Looking for a stylish way to conserve electricity? Well, how about these garden glow planters. They harnest the power of the sun to illuminate your garden patio. The great thing about the garden glow is that not only does it illuminate your patio at night, but it also serves as a planter. See here is how it works. These solar cells convert the sun light to charge the battery pack that’s hidden inside the unit, so the magic happens right here in this solar panel that has the stake on it. All you have to do is stick it in the ground and you’re good to go. Each of the planters gets their glow from the six LED lightbulbs that are inside the units. Those LED lightbalbs will last for about 20000 hours. The garden glow planter automatically goes on at dusk and off at dawn. It also has an on-off switch, just in case you don’t want it to light out. Good news is you’re not waisting electricity, just add ambient light to your gardener patio and it’s a whole lot safer than running AC power around a fountain or a pool. We also hear that the garden glow planter doubles as an pretty cute ice bucket for an outdoor party - how’s that for multitasking? To find out more about these really cute planters, go to patiolivingconcepts.com
Another major problem we’re facing these days is a growing mountain of garbage. Did you know that on average every single person creates over four pounds of garbage every single day? Add that up over the course of the year and that’s over 1400 pounds of garbage created by every single American. Giving all the issues that we’re facing with our garbage there’s one company that actually decided to actually do something about it. The pangea organic skin care and body careline has decided to package their products in these mouldy fiber boxes that are not only 100 persent bio-degradeable, but actually also plantible. Yes, I did say plantible why? Because each of these packages is embedded with seeds of geranium (some plants, cant make out) or sedge. And here’s how it works, so easy. All I have to do is take the label off the box, then you flatten your box, then put your box in water to soak for a few minutes until it gets soft. Do you remember those seeds I was telling you about? You start to seed them as soon as your box softens. then once your box is soft you’re gonna wanna plant it in about an inch deep of soil. And then in about two to free months you have something that looks just like this. How do you like that? Out of the box and into the garden, now that’s what I call a beautiful solution. For more info on these great products go to pangeaorganics.com. Don’t forget to check back here often so that I can keep you in the know on all things eco. I’m Tracey Metro - make one small change - you can change the world

That’s a good exercise you’re doing. Sometimes I do it myself.
I “bolded” the expressions I think are idiomatic. :slight_smile:

Looks like Lost Soul beat me to it, but here’s my transcription of the entire video also. The first italicized paragraph is the same part you transcribed, for comparison. I also agree, this is a great exercise for language learners. I’d suggest you continue transcribing smaller portions at a time, and keep checking back against what we’ve posted.

By the way, Maggie may have went back and edited her post, because the link works just fine for me. :smiley:

Hi, I’m Tracy Metro, and welcome to Green Gadgets. We’re giving you the low down on the latest high-tech eco-friendly gadgets out there. Looking for a stylish way to conserve electricity? Well how about these GardenGlo planters? They harness the power of the sun to illuminate your garden or patio. The great thing about the GardenGlo is that not only does it illuminate your patio at night, but it also serves as a planter.

See here’s how it works. These solar cells convert the sunlight to charge the battery pack that’s hidden inside the unit. So the magic happens right here in this solar panel that has a stake on it. All you have to do is stick it in the ground, and you’re good to go.

Each of the planters gets their glow from the six LED light bulbs that are inside the units. Those LED light bulbs will last for about 20,000 hours.

The GardenGlo planter automatically goes on at dusk and off at dawn. It also has an on/off switch just in case you don’t want it to light up. The good news is you’re not wasting electricity just to add ambient light to your garden or patio, and, it’s a whole lot safer than running AC power around a fountain or pool. We also hear the GardenGlo planter doubles as a pretty cute ice bucket for an outdoor party. How’s that for multi-tasking? To find out more about these really cute planters go to PatioLivingConcepts.com.

Another major problem we’re facing these days is our growing mountain of garbage. Did you know that on average, every single person creates over four pounds of garbage every single day? Add that up over the course of the year, and that’s over 1,400 pounds of garbage created by every single American.

Well given all the issues that we’re facing with our garbage, there’s one company that’s actually decided to do something about it. The Pangea Organic Skin Care and Body Care line has decided to package their products in these molded fiber boxes that are not only 100% biodegradable, they’re actually also plantable. Yes, I did say plantable. Why? Well because each of these packages is imbedded with seeds of geraniums, sweet basil, amaranth, or sage. And here’s how it works - so easy! All you have to do is take the label off of the box, then you flatten your box. Then put your box in water to soak for a few minutes until it gets soft.

Do you remember those seeds I was telling you about? You’ll start to see them as soon as your box softens. Then once your box is soft, you’re gonna wanna plant it in about an inch deep of soil. And then, in about two to three months, you’ll have something that looks just like this.

How do you like that? Out of the box and into the garden. Now that’s what I call a beautiful solution. For more info on these great products, go to PangeaOrganics.com. Don’t forget to check back here often so that I can keep you in the know on all things eco. I’m Tracy Metro. Make one small change, you could change the world.

Wow, Skrej, you did a great job ! And looks like I got almost everything right :slight_smile: (I think a year ago I would be able to get maybe 60-70% right)

By the way, you wrote you’re going to want to plant , but she pronounced it this way: you’re gonna wanna plant. The problem for us, ESL learners, is that it’s hard to make such things out, because they literally flash before your ears :lol: I had to roll the tape back once to catch that “gonna wanna” part.

Heh, she does indeed. Good ears!

I purposely typed out the full words, instead of the reduced speech, a decision I consciously made while writing. In retrospect I probably should have just transcribed exactly as she pronounced it.

Also, I realized she says ‘harness’ instead of harvest. I’ve edited my transcription to correct for both the errors.

Hi everyone,

Well,originally, I hope everyone does it for a short period, such as only 30 seconds. But anyway, you guys finished all of this video. I would like to do it myself and post it to this forum. And I tell myself , I can’t see you guys’ answers in advance before doing the rest of the video. And I think English learners do it first is much better and then native speakers correct it. I mean native speakers’ answers would be the correct answer absolutely, wouldn’t they? By the way, lost_soul and Skrej are both native speakers, aren’t you?

Anyway, many thanks for you guys did that.

Maggie^^

Hi, Maggie

Skrej is a native speaker, but I am not :frowning:

Hi lost_soul,

I’m sorry. That’s my fault. I think your English is so great and saw your location, and that’s why I thought you were native speaker. The good thing is that your English is good enough to communicate with most of the native speakers. Thanks for your joining sincerely.

Speak to you soon.

Maggie^^

And thanks for Skrej’s joining and answers definitely.

Maggie^^

Hi everyone,

I gotta continue to write what I hear in this video.

The peroid is from 00:29 to 01:12. The following is what I hear.

So here is how it works. These solar sounds converts the sunlight to charge the battery package inside the unit. So the magic toller right here, and this solar panel has a stack on it. I have to do. Sick in the groud, and you better go. Each of the planters gets their growths from the six LED light buttor inside the units. Those are developed for lasts about twenty hours. The Garden Glo planter polar and it does and does done. It also has a on-off switch, just in case you don’t want to light up. Good news is it’s not wasting electricity just …padio and it’s a whole light to save money AC power around the …board.

Left off at 01:13.

I’ll check out how much percent I understand myself base one the previous posts. It’s welcome if you want to pratice it and post it to here as well.

Maggie^^

Hi everyone,

I’m going to continue the left part of the video. The peroid is from 01:13 to 01:48. The following is what I hear.

We also hear that the garden planter double as a pretty cute ice budget from outdoor party. How is that for the more detail game. Before the more about the really keeps planters, go the PatioLivingConcepts.com. Another major problem we are facing these days is our growning moutain of garbage . Did you know that the on average every single person creates of four pounds of garbage every single day? I’d of of course the year and that’s over fourteen hundreds pounds of garbage created by every single American.

Left off at 01:48.

Maggie^^

Hi Maggie

This is what I hear (the differences are in boldface type):

[color=white].
EDIT:
I just realized that Skrej had already transcribed the entire video. (See Skerj’s post.) Lost_soul also did an excellent job with an entire transcription. :smiley:

Hi Yankee,

Thanks for your correctons anyway. Yeah. Skrej and Lost_soul have already done it. I simply don’t see the answer and I check the answer after I do it myself. However, some words the speaker says very quickly for me at least. I can’t understand even though I see the answer. For instance, “Add that up over the”. It’s really hard for me to listen indeed.

Maggie^^