Can new technologies help students?

Hi, Kitos. Could you look at it? Thanks

The answer to the question about the role of new technologies in students’ lives may be both positive and negative due to complicated human nature. Some students can take advantages of new technologies, whereas others can just waste their time and energy by abusing them.

On the one hand, new technologies are very useful for the improvement and acceleration learning process. For example, nowadays students can find latest information regarding their own majors at home via surfing the internet. They do not have to go out to get to the library, waste time on waiting for the execution of an order, and in case of mismatching, reorder a new book. They can get pages of proper sources and then choose one out of them. It will require just seconds and a few clicks with mouse.

Moreover, modern technologies allow young people to violate/pass through all the state borders. Today online courses and programs are commonplace. Students can live in one country and study in another by getting appropriate materials via internet and consulting with professors through PC videoconferencing. Online study saves their time and money, as well as provides them with wide education opportunities regardless of their location and locomotion abilities.

In addition, modern audio materials are especially beneficial for students studying foreign languages. By using audio books we absorb foreign language more easily rather than by reading traditional books. This method is of great importance for the improvement of listening and speaking skills. For instance, I have achieved tremendous progress in English by listening to audio materials for this year. This achievement is incomparable with that of previous traditional learning.

On the other hand, contra examples are also not rare. Some students do not appreciate advantages of new technologies and use them for entertainment. I know some youngsters, who spend their days and nights in internet clubs playing various games or chatting in diverse entertaining websites. They lose their valuable time on rubbishes.

All in all, new technologies have a lot of advantages, and clever students can easily use them for their good. Everything depends on student’s purpose and will.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why are red crosses erected on Tanna Island?

Hi, Kitos. Could you look at it? Thanks

The answer to the question about the role of new technologies in students’ lives may be both positive and negative due to /complicated/THE COMPLEXITIES OF/ human nature. Some students can take advantages of new technologies, whereas others can just waste their time and energy by abusing them.

On the one hand, new technologies are very useful for the improvement and acceleration OF learning processES. For example, nowadays students can find THE latest information regarding their own majors at home via surfing the (I)nternet. They do not have to go out to get to the library, waste time on waiting for the execution of an order, and in THE case of mismatching, reorder a new book. They can get pages of proper sources and then choose one out of them. It will require just seconds and a few clicks with THE mouse.

Moreover, modern technologies allow young people to violate/pass through all the state borders. Today on-line courses and programs are commonplace. Students can live in one country and study in another by getting appropriate materials via THE(I)nternet and consulting with professors through PC video-conferencing. On-line study saves their time and money, as well as providING them with wide education opportunities regardless of their location and locomotion abilities.

In addition, modern audio materials are especially beneficial for students studying foreign languages. By using audio books we absorb foreign language more easily rather than by reading traditional books. This method is of great importance for the improvement of listening and speaking skills. For instance, I have achieved tremendous progress in English by listening to audio materials for this year. This achievement is incomparable with that of previous traditional learning.

On the other hand, contra examples are also not rare. Some students do not appreciate THE advantages of new technologies and use them for entertainment. I know some youngsters who spend their days and nights in (I)nternet clubs playing various games or chatting in diverse entertaining websites. They /lose/WASTE/ their valuable time on rubbishes.

All in all, new technologies have a lot of advantages, and clever students can easily use them for their good. Everything depends on student’s purpose and will.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
As ever, a good essay Remula.

Kitos. 9/10

It’s thanks to you :slight_smile: