Can canyone correct the sentence pls...

When a user has tried to access or modify the date but the user has no rights to that files then the alert will popped

My opinion:

When a user has tried to access or modify the date of a file but the user has no access to that file then an alert message will pop up.

When modifying the file’s date isn’t allowed to users an alert will be popped up if the user’s trying to do so.

Tort’s suggestion was much better, E2.
Yours is grammatically incorrect and contains punctuation errors.

If modifying the file’s date isn’t allowed to the user, an alert will be popped up if the user’s trying to do so.

Please show the mistakes.

Thanks

If modifying the file’s date isn’t allowed to the user, an alert will be popped up if the user’s trying to do so.

If modifying the file’s date isn’t allowed to a user and the user tries so, an alert pops up.

Any better?

Thanks

The best I can do with your phrases is:
If a user is not allowed to modify a file’s data then an alert will pop up if he tries to do so.

However, the original uses ‘when’ not ‘if’.

I would like to say :

An alert will pop up if an unprivileged user tries to access or modify a protected file.

( Access & modify may be classified into different classes of privilege, e.g. some users are allowed to access a file but not to modify it; some have both privileges and some have none. )

Regards,

Nick

In my opinion, ‘unauthorised’ would be better than ‘unprivileged’.

Thank you for your response !

I think both are correct.

In the computer field, the word “privilege” is usually used to distinguish the user’s access right. e.g. The administrator is a privilege user and is allowed to access all the files in the computer system while a non-privileged user is not authorized to access some particular files.

When considering the physical area such as the computer centre, however, I think “unauthorized” is a better choice. e.g. A sign showing “Restricted area for unauthorized persons” on the door, meaning that they are not allowed to enter the premises physically. Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Nick

As you say, they are both correct. I provided the choice which I would prefer in that sentence.

Thanks a lot !

Thanks a lot…
now i am clear about it.