call-waiting

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #587 [color=blue]“Telecommunications (1)”, question 7

I’m also going to get call- thrown into my phone package. That way, if I’m on the phone with someone, I’ll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to the put the first caller on hold in order to answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.

(a) mobile
(b) waiting
© local
(d) hook-up

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #587 [color=blue]“Telecommunications (1)”, answer 7

I’m also going to get call-waiting thrown into my phone package. That way, if I’m on the phone with someone, I’ll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to the put the first caller on hold in order to answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.

Correct answer: (b) waiting
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

There is one word (“the”) too many.

I’m also going to get call-… thrown into my phone package. That way, if I’m on the phone with someone, I’ll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to put the first caller on hold and answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.

Yes - I spotted it when I corrected the last error and changed it.