Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit.

[color=indigo]
Hi Kitos, I am trying to write hard topics, this topic seemed difficult for me but I thought over that and wrote. From now I will try to write the most difficult or dull topics in an attempt to thrive in all aspects of independent writing task. Of course thanks to your critisizm that will enable me to work harder. Thanks in advance. Best Regards.

[color=indigo]
[size=150]058: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. [/size]

There are certain limitations in every field as well as in business in order to prevent undesirable consequences in society. That is why, I completely disagree with this statement that business can do anything they can to make a profit. Understandably, business can only do things that are legal or decent rather than illegal or indecent. Even in this frame business has to take into account the quality of its production. Besides that production should be beneficial and ethical for people. I believe that only in this frame business can do its best to thrive.

First of all, quality should be the first consideration of any businesses. There are numerous products that enable businessmen to get more profit, although the quality of products is very poor. One buys and uses things only for a shorter period of time, and not long after that the product becomes useless or breaks down. As an example, I have bought at least 5 times a headphone in 3 months for my cell phone, but it only survived a few weeks.

Secondly, business should think about benefits of its production. Some businesses allow entrepreneurs to attract customer and damage their health by unhealthier foods. As an example, Mac Donald’s earn millions of dollars from its business, but its products are not nutritious for our health at all. It leads to malnutrition, and preludes to numerous diseases for people in future. In addition, this list can be extended by all fast food producers or restaurants.

Coming to the final point, I am certain that ethical values also have to be thought by businesses. In fact, some businesses only think about money, and do not think about their ethical or moral messages to society at all. For instance, today computer games are very profitable field for businessmen, but they hurt children’s morality, and force them to be more aggressive in society. No need to say that many crimes are committed by the effects of such games.

To make a long story short, working within certain frames do not restrict any businesses from making more profit if they really now how to work, and how to give more benefits to society. In other words, if quality or morality is the priority of any businesses, then they can make more contributions to the whole mankind not only the people around them by making more profits.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

There are certain limitations in every field as well as in business in order to prevent undesirable consequences in society. That is why I completely disagree with this statement that businesses can do anything they want to make a profit. Understandably, a business can only do things that are legal and decent rather than illegal or indecent. Even in this frame business has to take into account the quality of its production. Besides that, production should be beneficial and ethical for people. I believe that only in this frame business can do its best to thrive.

First of all, quality should be the first consideration of any business. There are numerous products that enable businessmen to get more profit, although the quality of products might be very poor. One buys and uses things only for a shorter period of time, and not long after that the product becomes useless or breaks down. As an example, I have bought at least five headphones in three months for my cell phone, but each one only survived a few weeks.

Secondly, business should think about the benefits of its production. Some businesses allow entrepreneurs to attract customers and damage their health by unhealthy foods. As an example, Mac Donald’s earn millions of dollars from its business, but its products are not nutritious for our health at all. It leads to malnutrition, and preludes to numerous diseases for people in future. In addition, this list can be extended to all fast food producers or restaurants.

Coming to the final point, I am certain that ethical values also have to be of thought by businesses. In fact, some businesses only think about money, and do not think about their ethical or moral messages to society at all. For instance, today’s computer games are a very profitable field for businessmen, but they hurt children’s morality, and force them to be more aggressive in society. No need to say that many crimes are committed from the effects of such games.

To make a long story short, working within certain frameworks does not restrict any businesses from making more profit if they really now how to work, and how to give more benefits to society. In other words, if quality or morality is the priority of any business, then they can make more contributions to the whole of mankind, not only the people around them by making more profits.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Quite a good attempt Kleo. It was a difficult topic to take on, but you did OK.

Kitos. 8.5/10

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history
[/quote]