Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

In my opinion, every business organization should focus on to make profit. While many people believe that the sole purpose of business is to make profit, others take certain things into consideration before making decisions affecting the future of their companies. I believe, a “healthy” business, while, of course, concentrating on profit, should consider several important factors that can have major effects on the company’s future growth potential.

First and foremost, a company needs to have customers. Without customers a company is not able to flourish in its environment. A company should not only attract more and more customers but also keep its returned customers. Certain activities, such as improper customer handling and unfair pricing, would not help maintain and increase the number of customers. Activities like the mentioned ones would make profit for a few months, but these would not contribute to the long term success of a company.

Second, a company should create a healthy and friendly environment for its workers. By retaining the creative and talented employees, a company can gain competitive advantage against its competitors. These talented people will create the most profit in the long term for the company. Considering the employees perspective and carrier motivations, a company will create a positive image, both inside and outside of the company.

Third, in the current complex world a company can be in touch with many different companies. The picture showed to suppliers and to other companies can determine the future prospect of a company. Nowadays, in world where there are many frauds, it is vital to make business with companies we trust. Cheating and fraud can undermine the future of a company, while, trustworthy behavior can build long lasting business connections. A company focusing entirely on profit can loose the future prospect provided by friendship and trust.

In conclusion, as I stated at the beginning of my essay, a company should focus on creating as much profit as it can. However, a company should not forget its responsibilities to create friendly business environment, to establish workplaces for creative and ordinary people, and to improve the business climate. By doing so, a company can grow not only in term of profit but also in term of socially responsible entity.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an arts class (2)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

In my opinion, every business organization should focus on to make MAKING profit. While many people believe that the sole purpose of business is to make A profit, others take certain things into consideration before making decisions affecting the future of their companies. I believe, a “healthy” business, while, of course, concentrating on profit, should consider several important factors that can have major effects on the company’s future growth potential.

First and foremost, a company needs to have customers. Without customers a company is not able to flourish in its environment. A company should not only attract more and more customers(,) but also /keep its returned/RETAIN ITS PRESENT/ customers. Certain activities, such as improper customer /handling/SERVICE/ and unfair pricing, would not help maintain NOR increase the number of customers. Activities like the ONES mentioned EARLIER would PERHAPS make profit for a few months, but these would not contribute to the long term success of a company.

Second, a company should create a healthy and friendly environment for its workers. By retaining the creative and talented employees, a company can gain competitive advantage against its competitors. These talented people will create the most profit in the long term for the company. Considering the employees perspective and carrier motivations, a company will create a positive image, both inside and outside of the company.

Third, in the current complex world a company can be in touch with many different companies. The /picture showN/ IMAGE GENERATED/to suppliers and to other companies can determine the future prospect of a company. Nowadays, in A world where there are many frauds, it is vital to make business with companies we trust. Cheating and fraud can undermine the future of a company, while, trustworthy behavior can build long lasting business connections. A company focusing entirely on profit can LOSE the future prospectS provided by friendship and trust.

In conclusion, as I stated at the beginning of my essay, a company should focus on creating as much profit as it can. However, a company should not forget its responsibilities to create A friendly business environment, to establish workplaces for BOTH creative and ordinary people, and to improve the business climate. By doing so, a company can grow(,) not only in termS of profit(,) but also in termS of THEIR BEING A socially responsible entity.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good work Kaldosi. How you have improved!

Kitos. 8.5/10