Bump in a road


could you help me with this one:

what would be the word for the bump in a road placed by the traffic-road department/authority to slow down the traffic



This is sometimes called ‘a sleeping policeman’ or ‘a traffic calming device’.

Thanks :slight_smile:


A sleeping policeman? :lol: I like that! Though it should be a dead policeman by now. The place where I live is so full of them it’s like taking a free (and tedious) ride in a kind of surrealist amusement park. But since I’m always rushing around, they’re also a (any intensifier will do here) pain in the neck (or rather a hump in the back).