British, mr., i : what type of errors is it?

Hi

I am not too familiar with the classification of errors in English.
Of course, I know ‘grammar’, ‘punctuation’ and ‘spelling’ mistakes - generally,
but sometimes, doing exersise, I am begining to have my doubts :slight_smile: about my general understanding of the classification.

One of those specific cases is with upper-lower letters.

english, mr. Colin, i, etc - what class/type/kind of mistakes is it in English?

Hi Tamara

So sorry to hear you’re having your doubts about things again. :wink:

I think the expression you’re looking for is “capitalization mistake” (but in your neck of the woods you might want to change the spelling to “capitalisation” ;)).

Amy

Hi Amy

I’m going to continue having my own 8) doubts and suspicions in plenty, now and for the future.
No hope for you to watch me placid :slight_smile: :wink:

Ah!
Thank you!
(…Yes, I’d like if you don’t mind :))

By the way, Amy, can I ask you another question?
When you read the expression error classification what meaning do you suppose at first:

• classification of errors, or
  • classification that contains errors (erroneous?)
    ?

I understand “the classification of the errors”

What did you want to know when you wrote: (erroneous?) :?:

Amy

Thank you.

No, no, Amy, sorry… It wasn’t a question to you, that’s just my own note to myself -
from my :slight_smile: text file. During a day I usually make such notes for myself to ask questions later, when I’ll have time to ask properly :slight_smile:
This was one of them; and writing the post, I’ve just forgotten to eliminate it.

You could also call them ‘majuscule/minuscule’ errors. The trouble is, a ‘minuscule error’ might just be a small one.

Thank you, Mister Micawber, for the word.
I’ve first read it as masculine. Early morning… :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Slava, thanks a lot again for your great work, but in this thread the small letter in its name is actually important and
british was right :slight_smile:

Could you rename the thread back, please?

Tamara

I don’t know whether Slava will get back to this thread, so I’ve fixed your title (and my typo), Tamara.

Thank you, Mister Micawber!

:frowning:

…Sometimes minuscule mistakes can appear even larger than majuscule ones :slight_smile: