Brexit is an absolute mess of monumental proportions

Brexit is an absolute mess of monumental proportions” – I just heard this phrase on the BBC and like the sound and message of it ;-). As a matter of fact, the phrase itself might just have been created. I too think that nobody knows what Brexit actually will look like and when (or even if) it will ever happen. There has been endless talk about a ‘soft Brexit’ or a ‘hard Brexit’ and even ‘no Brexit’. New vocabulary has been created such as ‘Brexiteer’, ‘Remainer’, ‘Remainiac’ and lots of other fancy terms.

1 Like

3 Likes

Hello, Alan. I’ve tried to transcript your post. And after 10 listenings I heard: “For me, it is a very accurate description. An a word that sents shadows down my spine every time I hear it. It’s very sad and also implies waist of time.”

3 Likes

Hi Monica, it’s great that you are using Alan’s recording to practise and improve your listening skills. You’ve just made two minor mistakes which might be typos. If you check your post again you will probably find them yourself?

3 Likes

Oh, yes, I think I’ve found them.
“For me, this is a very accurate description. And a word that sents shadows down my spine every time I hear it. It’s very sad and also implies waste of time.”
Thank you!

3 Likes

It’s better now but there are still a few things that need to be changed.

2 Likes

No, I can’t find any other thing. could you tell me, pleeeeease?

2 Likes

… And a word that sends shudders down my spine every time I hear it. It’s very sad and also a complete waste of time.

2 Likes

ooooh, I can see now! In fact that “implies” didn’t convinced me, and not even the " sents" that my spell checker pointed out all the time. And I’ve learnt a new word (shudders).
Thank you a lot!

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi Alan, I’ve just come across the term ‘brexodus’ in connection with the fact that brexit might be doing a lot of harm to the British economy. Is the term used by the British public too?

1 Like