Big city or countryside, which is better for children to frow up in?

Dear Torsten:I’m new here.Thanks for your rating!

Big city or countryside, which is better for children to frow up in?

Having grown up in the country myself, I can say without a doubt that I want to grow up in the city, life in the city is incomparably better for children than life in the country. The city has better schools, healthy care, jobs, and more exposure to the outside world.

The two most vital things in any child’s life are health and education. In the country, if children get sick, there are no good hospitals to take them to. Families are often so poor that they can’t afford to send all of their children to school, and the schools are often of low quality anyway. In the cities, on the other hand, health is facilities and schools are of excellent quality.

Children from cities also have a much higher opportunity of getting into excellent universities. City universities have large numbers of spaces reserved for local residents while they have relatively fewer spaces for students from the countryside. If I want to have a good chance of getting into a good university, I would raise them in city.

City facilities are significantly better than facilities in the country. I can back up this point with my personal experiences. It has no TOEFL’s examination site in my hometown. However my dream is to can go abroad to America when I was very young, so it has no chance to reach the dream if I stay at hometown, then our life would be full of pity. It is only choice that is go to the city college. As a result, I want to grow up and get more rich facilities. A better place to find those is in a city.

Finally, I want to grow up into a world that is larger than just their immediate circumstance. In a city they will have a chance to meet people from all over the country and all over the world.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class

Big city or countryside, which is better for children to grow up in?
Let’s start by getting the topic title correctly written shall we!

Having grown up in the country myself, I can say without a doubt that I want to grow up in the city. Life in the city is incomparably better for children than life in the country. The city has better schools, healthy care, jobs, and more exposure to the outside world.

The two most vital things in any child’s life are health and education. In the country, if children get sick, there are no good hospitals to take them to. Families are often so poor that they can’t afford to send all of their children to school, and the schools are often of low quality anyway. In the cities, on the other hand, //health is facilities ???//and schools are of excellent quality.

Children from cities also have a much higher opportunity of getting into excellent universities. City universities have large numbers of spaces reserved for local residents, while they have relatively fewer spaces for students from the countryside. If I want my children to have a good chance of getting into a good university, I would raise them in city.

City facilities are significantly better than facilities in the countryside . I can back up this point with my personal experiences. There is no TOEFL’s examination site in my home-town. However my dream was to go abroad to America when I was very young. I would have little chance to reach the dream if I were to stay in my home-town. Then my life would be full of pity. The only choice is to go to the city college. As a result, I want to grow up and get more rich facilities. A better place to find those is in a city.

Finally, I want to grow up into a world that is larger than just my immediate surroundings. In a city I will have a chance to meet people from all over the country and all over the world.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You were rambling quite a bit here Lhx after starting out so confidently. Concentrate on what you are trying to say.

Kitos. 8/10

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class
[/quote]

Dear kitos, Thanks a lot,I know I have some problem with Grammar and tense.And I’m working on it. I hope next time it will be a little bit better.