Beer in Slovakia

Hi Spencer!

Do you remember to our discussion about the Slubberdegullian Druggel? I translated it with snot absorbing anywhat :lol: . And you called it a snot slurper. :lol:
I must say I didn?t find a word absorve in my dictionary, but absorb what means taking the stuff of anything into its own consistence, though the opposite of melt.

Hope I could help you

Michael

A man who sews is called a tailor. Over the past several years, they’ve been calling women tailors also. Traditionally, a woman tailor was called a seamstress. Amy’s suggestion garment worker is also correct, but that’s usually someone who works in a clothing factory making mass-produced clothing. A person who sews chairs and sofas, or car seats, would be an upholsterer, I suppose, but he or she does more than just sew. I don’t know what they call the Hmong ladies who sew the convertible tops of Fords and Jeeps.

The LEO dictionary is a life-saving resource. I can’t tell you how many times it has pulled my nuts out of the fire. However, once in a very long while I find something in there that I have serious doubts about.

I think the absolute worst electronic dictionary is the Millennium Czech-English dictionary. About 50 percent of its English translations are from some other planet.

Hi all

Jamie (K), thank you for the interesting posts (and sorry for my Cyrillic writing. Your computer is not due to communicate by Cyrillic letters unless it is taught to do that :slight_smile: ).

Hi spencer

I, I knew and still know! :slight_smile: Learnt it in my teen-age from my granny, when she taught me to cook borsch. Tried to teach me to cook – if to put it more precisely. :smiley:

Tamara

Actually, Tamara, my computer has been “taught” to write not only in Cyrillic, but also in Czech, Slovak, Polish, Hungarian, Arabic, Chinese and IPA, and it happily writes in Cyrillic rather frequently.

The problem was that I wrote examples in Cyrillic, but when I previewed my post, the site showed me “buxgalter” as “???”. Anything Cyrillic came back as question marks from English-Test.net, even though I can write in Cyrillic and read Russian newspapers on my computer.

It’s a mystery why the site will take Cyrillic from you, but not from me. :oops:

Perhaps because I might use it for evil. :twisted:

Hi,
So absorve isn’t English. :cry:
But what else should I have written instead of this obvious word of my own?
What I mean to say is: please give me an existing word I could’ve used in the same matter I described the time before.
Tamara, so you knew the trick.
Good.
I’m going to keep on reading till I find something you DON’T know and I’ll get you once and for all :evil:
(It’s gonna take a little while though, there are still about seven hundred and fifty pages ahead of me)
Take care
Spencer

Hi Spencer!

How are you?

Hey, now I?ve learned even a Czech word absorve. 8) But why don?t you change your sentence that way:

…the water were more capable to absorb the contents of meat, because…

As absorb means to take possession of, to involve s.th. …

Hope you like the suggestion of a Red Indian! :oops: :lol:

Michael

And how about ‘Cook’ used as a proper noun and without the article (I will ask Cook to prepare a picnic)? Now if that isn’t strange…

Jamie, I’m sure Mr. V. Gromov will shed some light on this question soon. He is very good at displaying Cyrillic letters on websites and has learned a lot from his friend Artem Lebedev…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (3)[YSaerTTEW443543]

MIchael,
There you go!!!
You came from the back, but you got it!
Thanks a zillion my best net-friend I’ve ever had, but this thing is not solved until I found the same meaning of that stupid word I made up.
This became my mission, and I’ll be more than happy if I know you by my side,bloodbrother :slight_smile:
One’s for all, nothing can stop us, no smoking alowed in this building!
Spencer

Hi!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Let me just make a note that you also should learn tricks which are rarely mentioned in such guides. For example, how to choose a really right peace of raw meat properly.

Do you know, for example, how selective and careful is a Caucasian herder (‘чабан’, pronounced as [chaban]), when he receives a really important guest?
He takes a piece of fresh meat from the right side of a young black male lamb (if I didn’t mix up something important in this formula :slight_smile: ). This is a ritualised action to choose the most delicious and soft part - to demonstrate his respect to the guest.

Also, as you need to put your growing theoretical knowledge in practice, you need to organise a permanent inflow of fresh and healthy volunteers who are ready to taste results of your experiments.
(Thanks, God, for my husband’s even-tempered character, health and his patience! :slight_smile: :D)

Tamara

Jamie, if you want to insert Cyrillic letters into your forum messages, please use MS Internet Explorer. Firefox or other browsers make it too difficult to do this at this point.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Спасибо
Пока

Slava

By the way, I use Mozilla 5.0, quite happy with it and avoid using MS IE as much, as possible :slight_smile:

It’s my tough luck, then. There’s no Internet Explorer for my computer. It looks like another case of Microsoft fanatics deliberately planning incompatibilities. My computer is Unicode compliant, so it takes a specific effort to make a site that my system is incompatible with. I routinely send e-mails containing Cyrillic and use that alphabet in other Internet media, so only systems that were consciously designed not to work with universal web standards will block my Cyrillic.

Hi Spencer!

I?m thinking about your mission all the time and I can?t fall asleep before you, dear friend, haven?t found the solution, :roll: or have you yet?

So, what about hand over into the water? It?s not just one word, but as you know English can be fussy sometimes, can?t it? :shock:

Tell me what you think about that, so that I can have a good sleep again! :wink:

Michael

Hi Michael,
Actually I’ve find something,but I’m not sure if it’s the right one. “the meat dissolves into the water”
Do you think it could work?
If it’s good, then we just finished the mission of our life, so it’s time to commit seppucu. :slight_smile:
I was in Sturuvo again with my wife to drink some beer, and have some fun at the beach, and eat some good food.
(And drink some beer, if I didn’t mention it yet)
There is a small willage, Salka, about ten km. from Sturovo, and there is a little restaurant, now THEY sell draft Budweiser, and it’s the best beer anyone can wish for.
I drank Budweiser last week in Budapest, but it’s total different, I just can’t believe I have to drive 50 km. for a good beer.
The question is :
Why can’t they sell good Budweiser in Hungary?
The second question:
Can a piece of meat DISSOLVE into water?
Who cares? WHY DON’T WE HAVE GOOD BUD?
Spencer

The Budweiser beer brewed in the Czech Republic (also called Budvar) has been made in the city of Ceske Budejovice for many centuries, so long that no one ever bothered to get official trademark protection for the name. Then in America, in the 19th century, a German immigrant named August Busch took the name Budweiser and gave it to his own beer – AND he officially registered it as a trademark. So you have the bizarre situation where the newer company officially owns the name of a company that is much, much older. Every time one of them starts exporting to a new country, there is a lawsuit over which one can use the name. In some countries the Czechs win, and in other countries the American chemical company wins. Some countries allow both companies to use the name, so for example, in England when a menu offers Budweiser you can’t know without asking whether it’s the delicious Czech beer or the watery, bad-tasting American one.

It’s possible that the Budweiser you had in Hungary was American Bud.

Hi Spencer!

Let?s beginn with the piece of meat. I?m sure meat can dissolve in the water. But in my imagination it might last really long before it does. :? Even if you heat it, I guess some days, at least before the meat is dissolved in the water. As I?m not a cook, although I sometimes spout in to one?s soup :lol: , I?m no expert too and if my assumption is right, it would be a good occassion to drink some Bud meanwhile. :wink:

By the way, if I want to drink a well beer I sometimes buy a case of Bud too.

But like the brand “Pilsener” probably in Hungary you get a beer that should be called “brewed in Budweiser kind”. “Pilsener” is allowed to be called beer only if it stems from “Pilsen” every other must say “Beer of Pilsener brew-kind”.

Have a good Bud

Michael

I fail to see how water can dissolve meat (who would want to dissolve meat, anyway?) – I know it’s just an excuse to drink beer while waiting for it to happen (but you’re far more likely to develop an enormous beer belly in the process) :slight_smile: !

Now, have you heard about the Coca Cola legend? Coke is supposed to be able to do that and more: from dissolving meat, nails, coins, teeth, etc. to cleaning toilet bowls!

Hmm, you’d better go on drinking beer, to be on the safe side…

But who would want to even try to dissolve meat in cola when orange juice or lemon juice will do the job just as fast (and maybe even faster)? Also, using orange or lemon juice to extract the meat flavor would probably taste better, too!

But I’ve heard you can also use beer as a main ingedient in marinades. So, beer seems to be the best solution for all of your eating and drinking needs, Spencer!!! :lol:

By the way, what about using the word extract rather than dissolve? On the other hand, it seems like the marbling in the meat might dissolve in water…
Cheers!