Be a mensch for once in your life

You’re welcome. :+1:

2 Likes

I hope my pronunciation attempt of Afrikaans was intelligible, understandable.

3 Likes

@Masme - Just for you Marc! :wink:

3 Likes

@Torsten Just for you Torsten! :wink:

3 Likes

That is so nice. Thank you very much, Andrea. :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, Marc! :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you Andrea. :heart:

2 Likes

Learning new words and languages is like ‘pastime passing excellent, if it be husbanded with modesty’ as William Shakespeare would have said. Again, thank you. I’ve been thinking of you and I consider you as a lovely friend. Keep up the good work as we all do. :heart: I keep listening to your recorded message and it is absolutely fabulous.

3 Likes

3 Likes

@Masme Thank you! Appreciate your messages! Youre so kind! It’s great learning new things :wink: :hugs:

2 Likes

@Torsten Ek is baie jammer! I’m very sorry!!! :thinking:

I have taken note…I must speak slower! :hugs:

2 Likes

No, no, your message in Afrikaans was perfectly clear to me. Please, do me a favour and don’t underestimate yourself. :slightly_smiling_face: The reason I keep listening to your recorded message is because I like it a lot. :+1:

2 Likes

This looks so funny because we use the word ‘Jammer’ too but in a slightly different context. For example, there is the term ‘Katzenjammer’ :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

Here your hangover has arrived, but I won’t be as mean as to give you excruciating headaches. :+1:

2 Likes

@Torsten Is katzenjammer about cats?

1 Like

Now, I have no idea why we are talking about hangovers. :thinking:

1 Like

@Masme Thanks, Marc!

English is my 1st language
Afrikaans is my 2nd language
Xhosa is my 3rd language

:wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Because as Marc has pointed out, Katzenjammer usually describes a certain type of hangover, many Germans regularly endure with the sufferer’s groans of discomfort being likened to a wailing cat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Torsten Thank you for explaining it to me! Now I know :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ich bin ein Berliner is a speech by United States President John F. Kennedy given on June 26, 1963, in West Berlin. But besides the historical coinsedences of that era, JFK, generally, was a good storyteller!!

3 Likes