attending classes mandatory or optional

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

I agree that university students should be required to attend classes. there are certain reasons for my argument.
the class environment is not and can never be provided inthe book. often things that you learn in class remains in yur mind at the time of examination while you can forget it by merely reading it in a book.
Often the professors have a certain style of explaining concepts and problems. these are not mentioned in a book.
in a healthy class discussion, your class-mates may raise and point such questions that can open new doors of thoughts and can reveal much more than a book can do.

such class participation also increase your speaking ability in front of others. it help you sharing your ideas with others. it gives you courage of sharing your thoughts.
Hence, the pruning of your thoughts, your accent, your way of presentation done in a classroom can help you alot in your future.
besides, classroom is the best place to learn group working. it gives you opportunity to understand and co-operate with people around you who are trying to acheive the same goal.
thus, depriving yourself of all these facilities by not attending your classes is a foolish act.
hence i agree with the first statement that students must attend classes in order to increase their academic and social skills.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Archeology

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

I agree that university students should be required to attend classes. There are certain reasons for my argument.
The class environment is not and can never be provided in the book. Often things that you learn in class remains in yOur mind at the time of examination while you can forget it by merely reading it in a book.
Often the professors have a certain style of explaining concepts and problems. these are not mentioned in a book.
In a healthy class discussion, your class-mates may raise and point TO such questions that can open new doors of thoughts(,) and can reveal much more than a book can do.

Such class participation also increaseS your speaking ability in front of others. It CAN help BY sharing your ideas with others. It gives you courage of sharing your thoughts.
Hence, the pruning of your thoughts, your accent, your way of presentation done in a classroom can help you a lot in your future.
Besides, THE classroom is the best place to learn group working. It gives you opportunity to understand and co-operate with people around you who are trying to achIEve the same goal.
Thus, depriving yourself of all these facilities by not attending your classes is a foolish act.
Hence (I) agree with the first statement; that students must attend classes in order to increase their academic and social skills.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A pretty good essay Kulsoom, but were you never taught to use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence?

Kitos. 7.5/10

thankyou for checking it and yes ofcourse i was taught punctuation, but i thought it wont be too important. well i will take care in my next practice essays. Besides puctuation, do I need to improve vocabulary, material length or what to get atleast 8.5 or above ?

No. You simply have to write interesting, grammatically correct essays.(300 words.)