articles-a or the

My problem here is not between a/an and the but between the two phrases A point of a diamond and A point of diamond. Anyway, thank you for your passion.

I would say it’s possible only in theory but not in reality. Imagine the description of “a point of diamond”, refering to a two milligram diamond, no more and no less!

Ok, how about this:

Two gemologists are in the lab. One is learning how to cut diamonds, the other is the teacher. The teacher says to the apprentice, “Here are several diamonds from which you can choose. I want you to cut/remove one point of a diamond.”

Ok, but here is talking about the articles a or the, like the post’s title is. The only difference between the two phrases is the article in front of “point” which is modifying the meaning of the phrase. If you want to know more about diamonds search on google to find more details, altough I don’t see anything else that you could reffer.

Hi,

I’m seriousy wondering what the point of this thread is!

Alan

Good point Alan!

Point taken. If one wishes to discuss, take it to PM where no one else can benefit.

Yes. It’s about a point or the point. The answer is a as it refers to a fraction. But now, between a diamond and diamond. That’s completely a different topic.

Thanks to all of you