Are you a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?

Hi,

Thought for the day: Are you a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond?

Alan

I’m the fisherwoman! :twisted:

Hi Molly,

there you are complaining about treatments in the U.S.? And what are you doing with the caught fish?

I am neither… I am a lost fish who found itself on a shore, on a hot sand, gasping for air.

I throw the little ones back. :wink:

• Meow *

What is the difference?? I mean, what is the meaning of both of these sentences??

Hi Magda, as I see it you can interpret it several ways.

Being a big fish in a small pond means it has great impact on the environment. For example: the chief (top dog)of a small company or something else you might call a big fish. On the other hand: if you are a small fish in a big pond you might be just an employee on the lower level in a big company and don´t have great impact.

I don´t know what´s better. If you are a big fish in a small pond you had the might to rule and eat the smaller ones on the other hand since the pond is just a small one and, too, a big fish must crap you anytimes will poison your own pond. As I see it, the bigger the fish the smaller the pond can become :shock: and sometimes it happens that the fish get´s too large for his pond.

Michael

Thank you for reply!
Magda

I feel more like fish out of water.
Jan

At the moment I am in a very small fish in the massive pond.

Hi Jan,

Is it because your on the ship? If so I hope your not on a fishing cutter. :wink:

i’m sopheak,23, from Cambodia. My English is very poor. i’m interested in Alan topic, so i want to express my opinion.
i agree with Micheal that being a big fish in small pond it has great impact on the environment. in my opinion think that is not necessary that we are a big or small, but where we are living in( a big or small pond )
Big pond like developed country having high-Tech, Good Education, skyscraper, modern life that not sure all this have in developing countries. So life-style and the way of thinking of fishes living in a big pond are better than although they are a small fish.
…If i have a chance i wish living in a big pond …