......... are open-toed shoes that are usually worn in the summer

......... are open-toed shoes that are usually worn in the summer. (*) Sandals (*) Boots (*) Moccasins (*) Flip flops

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/2327,___-are-open-toed-shoes-that-are-usually-worn-in-the-summer/
3 Likes

Sandals are open-toed shoes that are usually worn in the summer.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to elaborate a little bit. Sandals and flip-flops really mean the same thing in some contexts. Flip-flops is sort of slang for sandals. Flip-flops are basically named after the sound they make. ā€œFlip-Flopā€ with every step.

4 Likes

Hi, do you remember ā€œstrong backgroundā€? Hahahaā€¦

2 Likes

But this sentence is wrongā€¦ Remove ā€˜Theā€™ before summer

3 Likes

No, the phrase ā€˜in the summerā€™ is perfect English.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What are you trying to accomplish by posting screenshots?

1 Like

I read that in the summer is used for particular summer and for typical summer we use in summer

3 Likes

In summer refers to the season in general. In the summer may also do so, but it can also refer to a particular summer. So, the sentence is perfectly correct as @Alan wrote it.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the problem then? You cannot expect everyone to adore American English as much as you do, right?

1 Like

Heā€™s merely trying to prove that he has a point. And I agree with him. :+1:

1 Like

Your answer was correct, but let me tell you: too many years in Germany and too much ā€˜Sauerkrautā€™ can really make a person sour. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Ok i got your point but what will be your answer if you have to choose either of these twoā€¦ (In summer or in the summer)

As i have got this question in a competitive exam.

3 Likes

Hi Amit_Kumar,

Exactly as pointed out by Alan. Reread that screenshot message. I donā€™t think it necessary for me to explain it to you again. Alanā€™s explanation is very good.

2 Likes