Anyone facing Temporary Error (502)?

Hi, is anyone experience “temporary error 502”? It’s the first time in the past 4 years that this has happened.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you prefer chicken or beef?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, Torsten! No, I’ve never experienced such an error though I know that it exists. Has it caused any troubles for you?
By the way I’d like to ask something. In Katy Perry’s song “I kissed a girl” I’ve heard her singing the following line “I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it”. And here’s a question, is it possible for the 3rd personal pronouns of singular to use “don’t”? It’s not for the 1st time that I hear it in songs. I’m waiting for a reply and thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maryann

Hi Maryann,

Thanks a lot for your message. Fortunately enough Google is one of the most reliable companies in the world and they restored the service pretty fast. As for your question, you will often hear expressions like “he don’t like it” in pop songs. Sometimes it’s done to make the lyrics match the rhytm and sometimes it’s done to simply “sound cool” and show that the singer doesn’t care much about rules and regulations.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: New accountant is introducing himself to his co-workers and supervisors[YSaerTTEW443543]

You know I haven’t thought you’d reply so fast, thanks a lot! I’ve suspected that it was done to make the lyrics sound better. Now I won’t feel confused when hear such expression the next time and give my pupils the right explanation. By the way, thanx for lessons,they help not to forget everything I’ve been stugying for 5 years at the University and gives much fresh and interesting information. I feel that I become more literate every time I visit your lessons and forum.

Best wishes for you and your great team,

Maryann :slight_smile: