Anyone can help to review my casual writing for my penpal?

Hi Kelly,

It’s 34 degrees Celsius. it is hotter than yours. I live in HK which is not have snowing in Winter. The weather here is pleasant and mild.Average low and high temperatures are 16°C and 20°C .So I have never seen snow in my life. I’ve plan to go Hokkaidō in Japan for see snowing. However the COVID-19 turn up , it’s affecting my daily life since March till now. We should wear the mask whole day except at home.Wow… your living place is so natural and a lot of greenery. What a relaxing place there! I live in a small flat because of HK is a small areas with a large number of people.

I am a programmer. I used to develop and maintain some websites.Now, I just responsible for testing the bugs , so it is more free than used to.

Kind Regards,

Yanni

I just sent the above email to my penpal . In order to make my English writing better, so hope someone can reword the sentence so I can get rid of Chinglish anymore.

3 Likes

(Your writing is all right and your English is good. I think the modifications made may have added to its beauty and comprehensibility. All the best!)

4 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:
I am more confident to write in English and do my best next time.

2 Likes

Not at all.
By the way, note that the word (adjective) ‘confident’ takes a gerundial construction, not infinitival. So, your sentence should be: Now I am more confident of writing in English and doing better next time.

3 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum. There are some mistakes as it was written above. I would use the whole day, not just whole day. And - I am responsible for testing. I advise you to look at some proofreading services to help you with your letters. But in general you have good English, I think you will improve it soon

1 Like

It’s 34 degrees Celsius. It is hotter than yours. I live in HK, where it does not snow in Winter. The weather here is pleasant and mild. Average low and high temperatures are 16°C and 20°C. So I have never seen snow in my life. I’ve planned to go to Hokkaidō in Japan to see the snow. However, the COVID-19 turns up, and it’s affecting my daily life since March till now. We should wear the mask the whole day except at home. Wow, your living place is so natural and a lot of greenery. What a relaxing place there! I live in a small flat because HK is a small area with a large number of people.
I am a programmer. I used to develop and maintain some websites. Now, I am just responsible for testing the bugs, so it is more accessible than it used to.

2 Likes