Another dialogue

Hi Teachers,

Could you please help me with the dialogue bellow? Thank you very much.

1. Is “to spend per person” better?
  2. Is “people here” better?
  3. Is “30 to 40 euros” better?
  4. Is “a” needed?
  5. Is “with” or “to” better?
  6. Is “completed” or “made” better?
  7. Is “in the basement of it” better?

Many thanks.

1. Is “to spend per person” better?
    Yes.
  2. Is “people here” better?
    Probably, but I’ve made a suggested rewrite of the sentence within the dialogue.
  3. Is “30 to 40 euros” better?
    Yes.
  4. Is “a” needed?
    It is needed unless you change ’ a seven minute walk’ to ‘seven minutes’ walk’.
  5. Is “with” or “to” better?
    'With’ would be okay (‘to’ would not be correct) but it is also fine as it is.
  6. Is “completed” or “made” better?
    Yes. My preference would be ‘made’.
  7. Is “in the basement of it” better?
    No. It flows better as it is.

Dialogue 2

Saito: Excuse me. I’d like you to make a reservation for me at a restaurant. Do you have any restaurants toyou can recommend around here?
Concierge desk clerk: What kind of cuisine would you like to have, Ma’am?
Saito: Well, we’d be happy if you could recommend an inexpensive restaurant serving local food within walking distance.
Concierge desk clerk: How much are you planning to spend per person?
Saito: We’re not sure how much people spend on the average what the average spend would be, but I think between 30 and 40 euros should be reasonable.
Concierge desk clerk: Then, how about Ratskeller? It’s a German restaurant gaining much popularity among the local people. It’s about a seven-minute walk from here, and there’ll be no problem on your budget.
Saito: Sounds very good. Could you please tell me the restaurant’s name again?
Concierge desk clerk: It’s called “Ratskeller”.
Saito: Okay, then: six people, 19:00 tonight at Ratskeller under my name, Saito, please.
Concierge desk clerk: Yes, Ma’am. (Calls the restaurant)
Concierge desk clerk: The reservation is made.
Saito: Thank you very much. Now could you show tell me the way to the restaurant?
Concierge desk clerk: You go out of the hotel and walk about 100 metres; you’ll see a flower shop on the right side of the crossroads. Then, you turn right and go straight ahead to the square; you’ll see a big building in front of you. That’s the Town Hall, and the restaurant is in the basement. It might be a little difficult to find the entrance, which is on the left side.
Saito: Thank you for the information.
Concierge desk clerk: Have a delightful evening.

Thank you very much indeed Beeesneees. It’s so convincing.

Hi Beeesneees,

Could you please check this one for me?

Many thanks!

We’re not sure what the average expense [/b]spend[b] would be…
Here ‘spend’ is a noun indicating the amount of money paid for a particular purpose or over a particular period of time:
The average spend at the cafe is about €10 a head.

If the text reflects the speech, then you need to say ‘six people, seven o’clock tonight’ instead of ‘19:00’.

Oh yes! “six people, 19:00 tonight…” is especially unnatural, and I also understand “the average spend” now.

Thank you so much Beeesneees.