An essay about government founding

I’ll take the exam tomorrow, thus, please give me some advises about my essay.
Thank you!!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The government should support the scientific research even there’s no practical use.

In the development society, people are more concerned about scientific technology. Some people believe that the government should support the scientific research even it without practical use while other people think oppositely. Instead, they prefer to use those found into more practical fields, such as infrastructure, health care system, or education. When the two opinions are compared, I totally agree with the later position from the perspective of building infrastructure, improving health care system, and founding education.

In the first place, building infrastructure is the primary purpose that government should support. As we know, public infrastructure is the basis of a country. Without the public infrastructure, such as roads, transportations, or sanitation, our country will become inconvenient and cause several serious problems-inconvenient transport, poor health conditions, and lower life quality. Thus, the public infrastructure provides us stable and quality life. As a result, the government should support infrastructure instead of the less practical using scientific research.

Furthermore, improving health care system is more important than supporting the less practical using scientific research. Generally speaking, health care system related a country’s development. Take Taiwan for example. It has a well-know health care system in the world: the National Health Insurance. Thanks to the national health insurance, people who lived in Taiwan are possessed higher accessible and available health care.

Finally, in my opinion, founding education is more useful than supporting useless scientific research. Most of the scientific research results from education, especially in the university. Thus, education is the scientific research’s fundamentality. If government found in education, it will apply in many sciences. Therefore, founding education is more useful than founding a specific science.

To sum up, although some people have their reasons to claim that government should support the scientific research even there’s no practical use, from my perspective of building infrastructure, improving health care system, and founding education, I believe that my reason is the valid one. That’s not to say, of course, that other points of view are completely without merit. However, I think the reasons I have provided in favor of my point of view are stronger.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center

Hi, I am not a teacher, but as a native speaker I have made a few comments which will hopefully be helpful to you.