an epidemic of computer malware and rising concerns about cyberwarfare as a threa

The consequence has come to pass in the form of an epidemic of computer malware and rising concerns about cyberwarfare as a threat to global security, voiced alarmingly this month by the defense secretary, Leon E. Panetta, who warned of a possible “cyber-Pearl Harbor” attack on the United States.
What does “to pass suggest”?

Can I recast the sentence in the following way?

The defense secretary Leon E. Panetta, who warned of a possible “cyber-Pearl Harbor” attack on the United States, has alarmingly voiced this moth that the consequence has come to pass in the form of an epidemic of computer malware and in the form of rising concerns about cyberwarfare as a threat to global security.

That doesn’t work.
Here’s my suggestion, working as close to the original as possible. (It would not necessarily be the way I phrased things if I weren’t trying to stay close to the original phrases.)

The Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta, who warned of a possible “Cyber-Pearl Harbor” attack on the United States, has voiced concerns this month regarding the consequences [it is not clear what ‘consequences’ relates to. It will have been mentioned previously in the passage.] in the form of an epidemic of computer malware and the use of cyberwarfare as a threat to global security.