All I need is 80 TOEFL score

hello Kitosdad

this is my first post in this forum and i’m so excited it seems like this forum will be helpful.

i have a TOEFL test in 2 weeks and i’m so scared. i need your advice about the speaking and writing sections.

at least i need 80 with 19 in speaking and 17 in writing, and i think this doable but i have to focus.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student need money?

WELCOME Iky.We can only help if when you are prepared to help yourself.
Submit essays that you write on this thread, and start recording your voice on the speaking thread. Do both of these things and we are here to help you all that we can.

Litos.

Good luck Iky, and in addition to Kitosdad’s advice, I recomend you to listen to english-speaking channels both on Radio and TV, like the CNN and NATGEO WILD for example. Also remeber that practice makes perfect…

thanks for being so nice.
here is my first essay.

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

Some people think that teenagers should have jobs while studying, while others see that they shouldn’t. From my perspective, I claim that it is a great idea. And that is because of three reasons, they will be more responsible, they develop important skills and their chance to be successful is higher than students who don’t have jobs.

Firstly, the jobs will make teenagers more responsible. The teenager who have a job and study in the same time will learn how to take care of different problems, which he won’t normally face. Problems like less time for studying and the stress accompanied with the job will make grow as a person and will make him much more responsible.

Secondly, having a job at this age will make the teenager gain some essential skills. In most cases teenagers work as a person who do kind of a service like a waiter in restraunt or a salesperson in a mall, jobs like these learn him how to handle different sitiuations and how to deal with different menalities. Such skills are very important in social life and in professienal life as well.

Moreover, teenagers who have jobs while studing propably will be successful. Because of the stress he handles and the experience he gains in any job he has, his horizons is wider and he becomes more aware of the world than other students who just read about stress in books or see it in a movie. He also learn how to organize his time in a way that allows him to pass in school and do his job. And these stuff make him more mature and give him advantage over most students, so he could use all of that to success in this tough world.

As I have illustrated, I think that all teenagers should have jobs while studying. This will help to develop and grow as individuals and the skills they will have at this age, will lead them to brighter future.

Some people think that teenagers should have jobs while studying, while others SAY that they shouldn’t. From my perspective, I claim that it is a great idea. And t That is because of three reasons, they will be more responsible, they WILL develop important skills and their chance to be successful is higher than students who DO NOT have jobs.

Firstly, the jobs will make teenagers more responsible. The teenager who HAS a job and studIES AT the same time will learn how to take care of different problems, which he WOULD NOT normally face. Problems like less time for studying and the stress accompanied with the job will make HIM grow as a person(,) and will make him much more responsible.

Secondly, having a job at this age will make the teenager gain some essential skills. In most cases teenagers work as a person who do SOME kind of a service like a waiter in A restraunt(,) or a salesperson in a mall(.) Jobs like these learn him how to handle different situations and how to deal with different menTalities. Such skills are very important in social life and in professiOnal life as well.

Moreover, teenagers who have jobs while studYing proBably will be successful. Because of the stress he handles and the experience he gains in any job he has, his horizons ARE wider and he becomes more aware of the world than other students who just read about stress in books or see it in a movie. He also learn how to organize his time in a way that allows him to pass in school and do his job. And these THINGS make him more mature(,) and give him advantage over most students, so he could use all of that to success in this tough world.

As I have illustrated, I think that all teenagers should have jobs while studying. This will help THEM to develop and grow as individuals and the skills they will have at this age, will lead them to brighter future.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hello Iky and WELCOME. This was a good sensible essay. You must remember that simple spelling errors will cost you valuable points. Concentrate on what you are writing and avoid making them.

Kitos. 8/10

thanks a lot for your time, i appreciate it.
about the spelling errors, I wrote it on a txt file to know what will be the amount of errors i make. in the next time I’ll focus more to make less errors.
still, getting 8/10 after these errors is cool :smiley: .
thanks again.

My second one :smiley:
am I getting greedy ?? I don’t know !!

What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

There was a research made on a group of people who have the same level of education with roughly the same grades, this group was divided into two groups, the first group consists of people who have a clear vision to the future and set a clear goals to reach, while the other group consists of people who don’t have this vision. After about ten years, the researchers found that the first group are earning eight times more than the second group and also they are happier. So, I assert that having a vision is a very important skill to be successful.

First, People who have vision to the future usually plan very well for everything. Making plans is very basic for any person who wants to reach success. For example, in Egypt there is a very famous businessman who works in telecommunication field, since he had one company for mobile communication in Egypt, he kept saying that he would make his one of the top five communication corporations in the world, and now his company is the number one operator in Egypt and he has more than twenty other operators around the world, and he is working on his plan. As we can see he was planning to this since years, and with the clear vision he has, I think he will reach his goal.

Also, having a vision makes any person to stick to his dreams. In this world people face different types of problems and difficulties, people with vision focus on reaching their goal, so they don’t give up when they face such problems. An example for that is the former president of the united states of America, Abraham Lincoln. Before being a president he lost several times in the elections, but he didn’t give up because he had vision, he continued to try untill finally he became a president. So, it is true dreams come true, but any person should have a vision to pursue his dream.

All in all, I think that having a clear vision is the most important quality for a successful person. The vision will make you plan well to your future and you will not give up easily. So for any person who want to success, have a vision and set yor goals, then you will probably enjoy success in the future.

by the way kitos
I’m taking this exam to come to you :D, to Germany. But not to Essen, to Aachen in fact. and i hope i can pass this test to be able to complete my study there in Germany.

thanks for your support

There was a research made on a group of people who HAD the same level of education with roughly the same grades(.) This group was divided into two groups, the first group consistED of people who HAD a clear vision to the future and set a clear goals to reach IT, while the other group consistED of people who DID NOT have this vision. After about ten years, the researchers found that the first group are earning eight times more than the second group and also they are happier. So, I assert that having a vision is a very important skill to be successful.

First, people who have vision to the future usually plan very well for everything. Making plans is very basic for any person who wants to reach success.

//For example, in Egypt there is a very famous businessman who works in THE telecommunication field, since he had one company for mobile communication in Egypt, he kept saying that he would make his one of the top five communication corporations in the world, and now his company is the number one operator in Egypt and he has more than twenty other operators around the world, and he is working on his plan.//FAR TOO LONG A SENTENCE.
As we can see(,) he HAD BEEN planning to this FOR years, and with the clear vision he has, I think he will reach his goal.

Also, having a vision COMPELS A person to stick to his dreams. In this world people face different types of problems and difficulties, BUT people with A vision focus on reaching their goal, so they don’t give up when they face such problems. An example OF that is the former president of the United States of America, Abraham Lincoln. Before BECOMING THE president he lost several times in the elections, but he didn’t give up because he had A vision, AND SO he continued to try UNTIL finally he became THE President. So, it is true(,) dreams DO come true, but any person should have a vision to pursue his dream.

All in all, I think that having a clear vision is the most important quality for a successful person. The vision will make you plan well INto your future and you will not give up easily. So for any person who want to succeED, have a vision and set yoUr goals, then you will probably enjoy success in the future.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Your best essay so far Iky.

Kitos. 8/10

again thanks a lot for your time and effort, and wait for my next essay :smiley:

you are the Best .

I hope that in the next one i can get a higher score

my third essay

Some young children spend a great amount of their time participating in sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Spending a lot of time Participating in sports is great for young children in many aspects, but as we know there is no free lunch, always there are disadvantages. Sports make the children healthy, they learn different skills that are for our modern life. However, children in most cases become more aggressive and their grades at school also affected because of the time they spend away from their studies.

participating for long period of time in sports make the children healthy. They have a better immunity against different diseases because their bodies are tougher. This immunity, that they gain from the sports, helps them in their childhood and also on the long run. Moreover, doing sports really useful for giving the children some essential skills. Children who do sports for a long time are usually more social, they have open minds, also they gain the ability ta adapt with different circumstances. Skills like these they gain from traveling with the team or from the daily training with their teammates.
These skills are essential to live a better life.

On the other hand there are disadvantages. Children become more aggressive in most cases. Dealing with permanent stress in training and in games expose the children to stress, they are too young for it. This aggressiveness has a bad effect on their ability to consider things thoughtfully and to be wise while judging in situations. Another disadvantage is that their grades at school get lower. After being exhausted in training they usually find it hard to focus on studying. and that lead them to lower grades which could directly affect their future.

In conclusion, children gain and lose from participating for long time in sports. They enjoy a better health and they develop amazing skills. But they become more aggressive and their school performance is affected as well.

plz rate my essay

Spending a lot of time participating in sports is great for young children in many aspects, but as we know there is no SUCH THING AS A free lunch(.) Always there are disadvantages. Sports make the children healthy, AND they learn different skills that WILL BE HELPFUL IN THEIR LIVES. However, children in most cases become more aggressive and their grades at school ARE also affected because of the time they spend away from their studies.

Participating for A long period of time in sports make the children healthy. They have a better immunity against different diseases because their bodies are tougher. This immunity that they gain from the sports, helps them in their childhood and also IN the long run. Moreover, doing sports IS really useful for giving the children some essential skills. Children who do sports for a long time are usually more social, they have open minds, also they gain the ability tO adapt TO different circumstances. Skills like these they gain from traveling with the team(,) or from theIR daily training with their teammates.
These skills are essential to live a better life.

On the other hand there are disadvantages. Children become more aggressive in most cases. Dealing with permanent stress in training(,) and in games(,) exposeS the children to stress THAT they are too young for. This aggressiveness has a bad effect on their ability to consider things thoughtfully(, and to be wise while judging situations. Another disadvantage is that their grades at school get lower. After being exhausted in training they usually find it hard to focus on studying. and that leadS them to lower grades which could directly affect their futureS.

In conclusion, children gain and lose from participating for long PERIODS OF time in sports. They enjoy a better health and they develop amazing skills. But they become more aggressive and their school performance is affected as well.

Iky, first of all, your essay was overlooked because you again posted it under alreadycompleted work. Please don’t do this! Post each essay as a “New Topic”

You failed to review this excellent work! You made stupid errors, and failed to punctuate correctly. As a consequence, your score, which should have been nine, is far less.
Wake up … concentrate and review each essay. This is YOUR future, not mine.

Kitos. 7.5/10

yeah this essay has a lot of stupid errors i can see it all now.
all my hard work can be wasted with this kind of errors
thanks kitos and I promise, I’ll focus