Agree o disagree with the statement: Students are more influential by their teachers than their friends

Please, if someone can review and rate my essay, I would appreciate it a lot. I am preparing on my own to toefl. I am going to take it in a couple of days :cold_face: Thank you!

It is well-known that teachers represent the most worthy and confident source of knowledge to almost all human beings. When teachers spend a lot of time with their students, especially with young children, they become second parents. However, could students be more influenced by their teachers than their friends? I concur with the statement for some reasons I will explain as follow:

Overall, teachers embody all of the qualities to be good examples to their students. They teach students how to be good people in society play an important role in human life. Therefore, from the eyes of students, all teachers influence to follow. Usually, students see an example on them and want to mimic their behavior as well. For instance, my professor of sociology was a kind person. She always taught us how to act fine in different situations. One day a classmate did not have money to get the materials for doing a job, and she gave him all the materials to complete the assignment. Curiously the project of our classmate was the best of all, and his happiness was incredible. Since that, we have learned the sense of help others always we can.

Additionally, teachers are not just authority but also can be reliable people to their students. Students who keep their same schools for years, use to get the subject from the same teacher until the end of school. That means teachers will be a model of influence to their students because of the time, the knowledge, and experiences shared during the entire academic period of students. Indeed, students tend to feel love and respect for those who taught them the basic and important stuff to face the world by themselves.

On the other hand, friends can be just a person with whom share enjoyable moments. It does not imply you will want to be like your friends or be influenced by them because of their bad way to act or thought. For instance, parents sometimes do not allow their children to keep a specific friend because of their behavior, which interrupts that bad influence and probably cuts down that friendship forever. By contrast, it never occurs with professors.

Putting all those arguments together, we can conclude that professors bear on students’ life more influence than their friends can represent to them.

2 Likes

Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends - Do you agree or disagree with the statement?

It is well-known that teachers represent the most reliable source of knowledge. When teachers spend more time with their students, especially with the younger ones, they become second parents. Teachers guide and lead students to success. I concur with the statement that students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends. Let me substantiate my view with some reasons.

Overall, teachers embody the qualities serving as emulative examples to their students. They teach students how to be good people themselves and how to be good to people in society. From the perspective of students, all teachers are influential. Usually, students follow the examples set by their teachers. For instance, my professor of Sociology was a kind woman. She always taught us how to act in challenging situations. One day my classmate did not have money to procure the materials for a task, and she gave him all the materials to complete the assignment. Curiously, the his project was the best of all, and his happiness was incredible. Since then we have learned to harbour the sense of helping the needy

Teachers do not just wield authority on their subjects alone, but they also are reliable mentors to their students. The long and close association with teachers paves the way for students to mould themselves into responsible citizens with due regard to the advice, guidance and precepts received from teachers. That means teachers will be models to their students, who are influenced by the knowledge and the experiences shared during the entire academic period. Indeed, students tend to love and respect those who taught them the basic confidence and conviction to face the world by themselves.

On the other hand, friends can be just people with whom we may spend or share enjoyable moments. They may lack practical knowledge and wisdom. We may or may not be influenced by them. If they are good and virtuous, we may benefit from their friendship. We need to be judicious in choosing good friends, for a man is known by the company he keeps. We cannot take all our friends as much granted as we take our teachers who are more concerned about us. Friends are less influential than teachers.

So, we can conclude that the influence exerted by teachers on our lives is far more than what can be exerted by our friends. Hail teachers!

(Note @tatianagc: Your essay falls short of the required or expected standard and quality for TOEFL. Usually, the content of the essays reviewed is not altered much. In your case the practice could not be stuck to. Though the modified one may be in conflict with your concept, try to follow this mnemonic while attempting an essay: CODER which stands for Conceive, Organize, Develop, Express and Review. All the best)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for reviewing my essay and the comments. I will put into practice :slight_smile:

Greetings from Colombia!

3 Likes

Excuse me Sir.

Just a little question, what do you mean exactly about my essay falls short of the required or expected standard and quality for TOEFL?. I wanted to improve the most I can.

Thank you

2 Likes