Agree/Disagree: It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my work in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Over the past few decades, group work has become a popular and an effective way to achieve success in any organization. As a result, there is a huge controversy among many people over being a member of a group, or a leader. From my point of view, I would rather be the member of a group. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a leader has a stressful life due to his certain responsibilities. A leader has a significant impact on overall group effectiveness. Therefore, a leader needs to have huge amounts of knowledge, skills, potential, insights, etc. He needs to try his level best to make effective decisions, form a cohesive group in which all the members cooperate with one another, and bring about constructive changes. To put the discussion into a wider context, consider a group project at the university level. The leader of the group needs to dedicate different tasks to each individual. If there is a dispute or disagreement among the members of the group, the leader is responsible to solve the problem. He should also be open to new ideas and insights. However, a member of the group does not need to have/take this much responsibility. He should only focus on his task.

Secondly, no one is going to blame the members of a group. If a group succeeds, the credit will be shared with the group. However, if a group fails, all the members will point the finger at the leader. An example to bolster this fact is the Television program named “The apprentice”. Usually when a team fails, all the members of the team along with their leader should meet Mr. Trump (the director of this show) in the boardroom. During this time, they are given a chance to express their feelings, problems, and reasons that ended in failure. Mostly, both Mr. Trump and the members blame the leader. As a result, the leader will be fired.

To put all in a nutshell, based on the above discussion, I prefer to be a member of the team, since I do not want to have so much tension in my life, and shoulder the blame.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the Louisiade Archipelago host more bird species than the Hawaiian Islands?

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my work in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Over the past few decades, group work has become a popular and effective way to achieve success in any organization. As a result, there is a huge controversy among many people over their being a member of a group, or a leader. From my point of view, I would rather be a member of the group. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a leader has a stressful life due to his responsibilities. A leader has a significant impact on overall group effectiveness. Therefore, a leader needs to have huge amounts of knowledge, skills, potential, insights, etc. He needs to try his level best to make effective decisions, form a cohesive group in which all the members cooperate with one another, and bring about constructive changes. To put the discussion into a wider context, consider a group project at university level. The leader of the group needs to deligate different tasks to each individual. If there is a dispute or disagreement among the members of the group, the leader is responsible for solving the problem. He should also be open to new ideas and insights. However, a member of the group does not need to take this much responsibility. He should only focus on his task.

Secondly, no one is going to blame the members of a group. If a group succeeds, the credit will be shared with the group. However, if a group fails, all the members will point the finger at the leader. An example to bolster this fact is the television program named “The Apprentice”. Usually when a team fails, all the members of the team, along with their leader, meet Mr. Trump (the director of this show) in the boardroom. During this time, they are given a chance to express their feelings, problems, and reasons why their task ended in failure. Mostly, both Mr. Trump and the members blame the leader. As a result, the leader will be fired.

To put all in a nutshell, based on the above discussion, I prefer to be a member of the team, since I do not want to have so much tension in my life, and to shoulder the blame.

Excellent work Leenda.

Kitos. 9/10