Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits

Dear kitos,
would you please review my essay? Thanks in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits

I agree with this statement that advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits. My reasons are presented as followed.

First, advertising will create the trend of eating unhealthy food. Take the fast food commercial in Taiwan as an example; advertising is the main reason that makes fast food popular among children. The attractive commercial and market strategy are successful to draw attention of the children because the commercial presents the tasty food and the toys given with the food without mentioning the extra calories. In addition, children are not adept to distinguish which kind of food benefits health. They put the delicious food as the first priority when they choose what they want to eat. Thus, the appealing commercial will cause the unhealthy eating habits.

Second, according to researches, customers are more willing to buy the products which they are familiar with. The main goal of advertising is to create more chances to attract customers. Take myself as example; when I have no idea what to eat, I will think of the repeating advertisement about the fast food at first. Therefore, I will go to the restaurant to eat the unhealthy food as a habit when I have no idea what to eat.

Last by not the least, many commercials avoid presenting the disadvantage of products. Therefore, customers will not be aware of the harmful effects. Take the fast food as an example; many children overweight nowadays because they are not aware of the extra calories provided by the fast food. The reason why they are not noticed is the lack of this kind of information provided by commercials. If we take a closer look at the commercials of the fast food, none of these mentions that the fast food will provide extra calories that make people overweight. Thus, children will like to eat fast food as an unhealthy eating habit.

In conclusion, because of the reasons I mentioned above, I agree that advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?