added to hot list? (lovoo dating app)

Hi, how do you say that you have short listed a candidate you might want to date? We are talking about a dating app. The German original expression is ‘auf die Hotliste gesetzt’ which translates as ‘added to hot list’. I don’t think ‘hot list’ is a very English term. What is better?

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the toll gate[YSaerTTEW443543]

Actually, I think “hot list” is good. I’m not sure if it’s the same in German, but in English it has a slightly racy feel, with the connotation that people on that list may be “hot” in the sense of attractive and sexy. I think most people would normally take that in quite a light-hearted way, but if the dating service is more formal and serious then it may not be appropriate. In that case “shortlist” is a possiblity, but some people may feel that “shortlist” is a bit dull and businesslike for dating.

Hi Dozy, yes the original German phrase is ‘Hotlist’ too.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A couple in an argument[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, yes, I noticed that the German was essentially the same word, but I wondered if it had the same connotations as in English.

Yes it does. I actually think that the German original is an English term ;-)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Synchronized swimming[YSaerTTEW443543]

It’s another one of those English words that the Germans have taken over and slightly amended for their own use. I think ‘hot list’ is just right for a dating site!