About virginity

Hi Mnd,

I’m wondering why you chose this topic to talk about. In my opinion, virginity is quite important and required in some countries, especially African culture. Once I read a news about an African girl who lost her virginity because of being raped. She was insulted and lived in stigma.

Is it important to know who is virgin? Does it kill people when they lose their virginity? Maybe virginity identifies purity of a woman. How about a man? I think the best thing is to sincerely love only one person.

Thanks! :?:

The reason they lie is because I don’t want to be considered non-human in their culture.

HI

→ The reason they lie is that they don’t want to be considered non-human in their culture.

Sorry for the mistake! :lol:

We’re told to think of all cultures as equal, but there is something very bad about a culture that will persecute and stigmatize a woman because she has been raped. There is also something sick about a culture in which doctors can make big business sewing up women’s private parts to make them appear to be “virgins” after those parts have been torn through sports, or maybe even a foolish affair with some man who promised to marry her. You’ll notice also that cultures that treat women this way don’t stigmatize men in any similar way.

Yesterday I had a conversation with two Muslims, one from Iraq and one from Yemen, who believed that women should be killed if they have ever slept with a man out of wedlock. I told them that under Christian tradition, killing a woman for something like this is forbidden, and that in most religions they try to change the person’s heart and behavior. These two were completely disgusted by the whole idea that anyone who has sinned might reform and become a good person. They believed that the whole idea of conversion in this way was sick, wrong and impossible. So, it appeared that they thought it was healthy to murder a woman for what she has done wrong, but that it was not healthy to let the woman live and convince her not to do wrong. I think there is something wrong with this.

I feel that is not a healthy idea to kill a woman for losing her virginity. It sounds like when she does this wrong thing once in her life, her life will be ended! Or sometimes that thing happens accidentally, according to Jamie.

It might not be necessary for women to get a surgery to be virgin again. Maybe lots of women are living under this threat. Where’s the equality between men and women? It’s easily said but not done!!! Who’s perfect? Who’s never done something wrong in life? Maybe God never does, does He?

Thanks!

hi sunflower

i just want to thank you for your exciting reply :smiley: because most of the replies i was reading were going astray.
so tell me is it fair for someone who haven’t involved in sexual activties to be married to a lady who has lost her virginity :?:
i am an african person who values virginity :roll:

You seem not to care about the soul and heart of the woman you’re marrying. Whether or not it’s fair is an odd question. Marriage is supposed to be about love commitment from the time the vows are made. The only thing that’s important is what the woman does afterward, not before.

I will tell you that some of the most loving, loyal wives I’ve seen were “bad” girls when they were young. It was their time as “bad” girls that convinced them to be completely true to their husbands, to one man.

Ha I may announce/declare the word “because” as a potential source of mistakes for all Polish, I do that continuously wrong in many different ways and looks like I am not alone.
Jan

Hi

I agree.
“Good Girls Go to Heaven, Bad Girls Go Everywhere”
(including heaven :))

A free own choice always is much firmer, in compare with ca-re-ful following rules & limitations - for fear of ‘public blame’.

But the latter (single-track, I mean :slight_smile: ) is more even and smooth - for both :slight_smile:

Tamara

Hello Jan:)
You are from Baltic Sea, aren`t you? Nice to meet you.
eda:))