About virginity

Why Is It That Women Want To Lie About Their Status Especially Their Virginity?.
I looking at african culture.
In addition ,how do you know that this lady is a virgin before you asked her about that?

Thanks

I don’t know what you’re talking about. And what country’s culture are we discussing here? Are we discussing a Western country where virginity doesn’t matter much to people, or some of the countries farther east where not being a virgin might get a girl killed?

hallo!
You are a man… try to answer your question on your own.

When u (Man) are free, u want to sleep with girls, and not only with favourite one but u like to change them like socks. Its normal for u. But when u think about your wife u dream about virgin. Its stupid, dont u think?

It wasnt personaly about u but about many male I was talking with.

Eda:))

Eda, when you address a person, the word is spelled YOU and not U. Get out of this habit of writing U, because these little Internet abbreviations get people into a lot of trouble when they try to write good English. It’s hard for people to take you seriously when you write like that.

If you want to write U instead of YOU, of course, you can learn the Dutch language.

Jamie,
in my opinion YOU shouldnt get so much irritateted at this fackt. Yes I made mistake, and I do many mistakes becouse as a large number of members of this forum I try to study and get to know English and Im not an expert (unfortunately).
I didin`t realize that it is so big mistake.

I treated U like all known sign, (I saw that This sign was used in few posts in this forum).

It’s hard for people to take you seriously when you write like that. I dint noticed but thanx for your advice.

eda:))

I was just warning you that if you get into those bad chatroom writing habits it will cause you trouble later. Apparently that benefited you, because you didn’t realize it was a big mistake. Notice that among all the many mistakes you made, that is the only one I corrected.

Hi Eda,

I agree with what Jamie is saying. It’s all about habits and self-discipline. This might sound harsh but if you think about it for a while, it makes sense: You are using the forum to express your thoughts in English. Great. That’s why we are running our this forum. When replace you with u and don’t with dont etc. it might not be a big mistake. However, you have to keep in mind that hundreds if not thousands of people will be reading your text. Some of those people will get confused by your writing style.

I think what Jamie wants you to do is raise your awareness of a number of issues. For example, are you aware of the correct use of the articles in English? This is always a challenge for Slavic people because in your native language there are no articles.

Again, nobody is saying that you are making big mistakes. We are trying to make you aware of how to use the English language correctly. You can help us by asking questions. If you are not sure how to write a certain phrase, just ask. This is the only way you can learn and make progress…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi eda:-))
Jamie is absolutely right. And you should take into consideration all his remarks. As I see, you should work hard to improve your language skills, so be active.
By the way, what about participation in How to learn English? (30/30 Challenge)?

Eda, the main thing I’m trying to do is to prevent you from embarrassing yourself later. Those habits like writing U for YOU are hard to break, once a person has formed them. A little grammar mistake by a foreigner isn’t a problem when a native speaker sees it. However, if someone writes U instead of YOU on an exam or in a letter, it is about the same as seeing that a 25-year-old woman still dots her letter “i” with big hearts.

This is why you need to know now.

hallo!

I understand your point of view, and I agree with this.

Jamie (K), :smiley: It would be enought to write "eda dont use U instead of YOU becuse it is a mistake" -thats all. But ok, I think that we needn`t talk about it more. This situation is clear for me.

I wish you nice day
eda

Sorry for amendment, eda:-)) I noticed that the word because you write every time in a different way.

Best wishes to you!

Hello!

That would be almost the same as saying, “Don’t use U instead of YOU, because God said so.” There’s no reasoning or explanation behind it.

Besides, using U instead of YOU is never a mistake. People do it deliberately.

There was also a bigger principle involved. People write U instead of YOU because they have been interacting with sloppy writers in chatrooms and other places on the Internet. There is a type of sloppy English used in these places, and it’s a habit that’s easy to get into and hard to get out of. I have seen students score very, very low on English placement tests because they wrote this way, and they landed in much lower classes than they would have if they had written the way their teachers had taught them.

Hello!

Jamie, I know what you mean. You are right. Could we stay friends? :wink:
Thank you Pamela, I noticed that I write wrong words becouse of hurry, I must pay more attention for it.

eda

Hallo!
Halloa!
Hullo!
Hello!
(etc.)

Ta-ta! (goodbye, bye, bye-bye, adieu, cheerio, farewell, so long…)

:slight_smile:

Hi Conchita,

How about Pip pip?

Alan

I didn’t know this one! I take it it stands for ‘goodbye’ – it sounds as if you’re in a hurry to leave :slight_smile: !

Aloha!

Huh? Were we not friends at one time? I didn’t notice that.

This is getting so off the topic now.

Did you like the original topic?