A zoo has no useful purpose

Hello Kitosdad. Hope you are fine. Thanks for reviewing my essay in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

I totally disagree with the claim that a zoo has no advantages or useful purposes. In my opinion, a zoo can be very beneficial to boost our knowledge about the animals and can also be a safe place for the animals. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a zoo can be a major source of entertainment for many people, especially for children. For example, many parents can take their children to the zoo, and help them to become interested in animals.

Secondly, this can be very beneficial for everyone to enhance their knowledge about the animals surviving on our planet. Many of us have not seen all types of birds. By going to the zoo, we can get a chance to see different types of birds that we have not ever since in our lives. Furthermore, it can be a good educational place for teachers to take their students to the zoo and give them a chance to see the animals live. In this way, the students can have hands in practice which can play a crucial role in their learning.

Thirdly, it is a sanctuary for the animals which are at the risk of extinction. For example, a good zoo can provide them with food, healthy environment, and medicine. A zoo also has veterinarians who can save the lives of many injured and sick animals. Therefore, a zoo can offer a good place for the animals to be taken good care of.

Last but not least, it can be advantageous for scientists or researchers. It is very difficult, dangerous, and expensive for scientists to go to the forests, find the animals, and do the appropriate research they want on them. The reasearchers can be at the risk of being threatened by other wild animals. However, by keeping the animals in the zoo, the researchers need not worry about anything except to focus on their work.

To put all in a nutshell, based on the discussion mentioned above, I personally think that it is advantageous to keep the animals in a zoo, since it can be a source of entertainment, knowledge, and a place to protect endangered animals from /becoming extinct/extinction.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Fine Arts

Thanks Kitosdad :slight_smile:

Hello Linda, I admire your works. Your style is simple but right to the point.
I wonder if you are using a dictionary when writing your essay? Just curious. :slight_smile:

Hi Argentum,
I never use anything. I totally rely on myself. and I write it within 30min.

You are so great.
I make my essay almost one hour and use a little help from dictionary :slight_smile: