A useful book for all English trainers

Hello dear fellow English Team trainers!

Although I am quite sure that many of you are familiar with Jeremy Harmer’s work, allow me to share with you the following link which allows you to read online the new edition of his book - ‘The Practice of English Language Teaching’.

scribd.com/Jeremy-Harmer-The … d/15602107

No matter if we are native speakers or not, no matter how much teaching experience we have, in my opinion, it is useful to take a peek once in a while at a methodology book. I would also like to suggest to start sharing ideas/ teaching methods and techniques/ the way we combine these methods/ techniques,etc., in order to help each other and improve the English Team’s teaching methods. Just as Ray LeBlond stated :‘You learn something every day if you pay attention’.

There are the so-called ‘traditional methods’ v.s. the modern active/interactive methods. How do you combine them and what is/are your favourite teaching method/s?

Here is one of my favourite methods which can be used both with very young and adult learners:

The cube- You need to prepare a paper cube with its faces having different colours. Each face of the cube will have one of the following words written on it: describe, compare, associate, analyze, apply, argument. Announce the theme and divide the class into 6 groups. When you throw away the “dice” ,the chosen group has to do the assigned task. Continue till each group has a task assigned.Keep them entertained with other teacher resources like the questions methods. This method helps learners to develop a methodical thinking and allows the teacher to differentiate the learning tasks.
I used it quite often with young learners when studying a literary text, but I consider that it can be used and adapted to any type of text.

Please continue this thread.

Many thanks,

Georgeta

Thanks for this book.

Thanks for this book. I have collected it from scribd.

A big hello to all members of this forum, I write this post simply to show my appreciation and gratefulness about sharing this link with us.
Your English is wonderfully amazing hope you would share your English learning experiences so as to guide us how to proceed.

Thanks for this book.