a story based on idioms

Hello,
One of my students has just sent me her story based on the idioms we are currently studying.
Could you take a look and say if it is OK?

Five star hotel senior manager Andrea invites Helen, who works as a receptionist, to her office. The talk is going to be unpleasant. Andrea is very dissatisfied with how Helen works so she has a lot of questions. Helen tries to make it clear that she has been pulling out all the stops to do it in a better way. (I think - to improve it)

However, Andrea explains that in a hotel with such a reputation every employee must pull their weight for the hotel to be ahead of the pack.

Andrea regrets to point out that Helen has made lots of mistakes lately. The problem is that hotel clients are picky and most of them roll in the money and expect the best quality service.

The hotel is one of the company’s money spinners. Andrea gives an example with Mr. Orson who had been working in the company for 40 years and something (I think - for 40-something)and was one of the best managers. He received a golden handshake and a farewell party was held for him. Mr. Orson used to say that it is easy to ruin reputation in business.

Helen brings it home to Andrea that she has been pulling her socks up (I would change the whole part - Helen tries to explain that she has already pulled up her socks), but Andrea asserts (I think just says)that there is no sense in being polite with clients if you make so many mistakes, especially with the billing. Such an attitude backfires.

Moreover, Andrea has got angry because Helen accepted the order for a penthouse, which was booked for the conference. A real scandal broke out. Some clients thought that Helen wanted to pull a fast one on them and embezzle (I would say - pocket; embezzle is completely wrong here.) their money. Andrea had to apologize a lot in order to calm them down.

That is why Andrea has decided to pull rank and pull the plug to (I think - on drawbacks) drawbacks in Helen’s work.

Helen has a month to start working properly and show Andrea that she can do her job efficiently.

The girl is a third-year student, very clever and highly motivated.

Thank you in advance.

Five star hotel senior manager Andrea invites Helen, who works as a receptionist, to her office. The talk is going to be unpleasant. Andrea is very dissatisfied with how Helen works so she has a lot of questions. Helen tries to make it clear that she has been pulling out all the stops to do it in a better way. (I think - to improve it) IMPROVE IT WOULD BE BETTER, YES.

However, Andrea explains that in a hotel with such a reputation every employee must pull their weight for the hotel to be ahead of the pack.

Andrea regrets to point out that Helen has made lots of mistakes lately. The problem is that hotel clients are picky and most of them roll in the money ARE ROLLING IN MONEY and expect the best quality service.

The hotel is one of the company’s money spinners. Andrea gives an example with USING Mr. Orson who had been working in the company for 40 years and something (I think - for 40-something) ‘FOR FORTY-ODD YEARS’ OR ‘FOR FORTY PLUS YEARS’ and was one of the best managers. He received a golden handshake and a farewell party was held for him. Mr. Orson used to say that it is easy to ruin reputation in business.

Helen brings it home to Andrea that she has been pulling her socks up (I would change the whole part - Helen tries to explain that she has already pulled up her socks I AGREE), but Andrea asserts (I think just says) I LIKE ‘ASSERTS’. that there is no sense in being polite with clients if you make so many mistakes, especially with the billing. Such an attitude backfires.

Moreover, Andrea has got GETS/IS - YOU SHOULDN’T CHANGE TENSE PARTWAY THROUGH WITHOUT GOOD REASON, angry because Helen accepted the order for a penthouse, which was booked for the conference. A real scandal broke out. Some clients thought that Helen wanted to pull a fast one on them and embezzle (I would say - pocket; embezzle is completely wrong here. I DON’T THINK IT IS COMPLETELY WRONG AND WOULD ACCEPT EITHER) their money. Andrea had to apologize a lot in order to calm them down.

That is why Andrea has decided to pull rank and pull the plug to (I think - on drawbacks ON) drawbacks in Helen’s work.

Helen has a month to start working properly and show Andrea that she can do her job efficiently.