A review about my Sister's Keeper the movie

I’m gonna write a review about My Sister’s Keeper the movie. This movie was adapted from a novel by Jodi Picoult, one of my favorite author.

Okay, so I was going to Ambassador with my family because my brother says he had to buy something there. While my brother searching for the thing that he need, me with another family members take a look at DVD booth section. At first I’m not interested to buy any film but when I’m searching for something interesting then I found this, My Sister’s Keeper. I thought it would be a great movie since the novel was my favorite one, I thought the movie would be great too. I tried to watch this movie as soon as possible and I decided to watched in on Sunday afternoon.

Generally this movie is telling a story about Andromeda ‘Anna’ Fitzgerald. She called herself as a “designer baby.” She was genetically designed and brought to the world to be a perfect biological donor for her sister, Kate, who was diagnosed with leukemia. Because of that she cannot live ‘freely,’ in and out of the hospitals constantly makes her fed up.
Now, knowing she will have to donate one of her kidneys to her sister, she feel she can’t do it anymore. She can’t take it any longer. Then one day she walks into a lawyer’s office, asking to be medically emancipated and the rights to her own body, from her parents.

As the movie goes on, I enjoyed it quite much. The actors and actresses acts excellent. I still thought it was a great movie until I saw the ending.

Trust me, if you’ve read the book, you will hate the movie. The ending was dramatically different from the book! I feel so disappointed. The book’s ending was totally heartbreaking and tear-jerking. Surprisingly, I didn’t even cry while I watched this movie. So it is not even the same as the book. It is ruined the effect of the whole story for sure.

Despite all it is still a good movie to watch. the actors work with a fully hearted. Even one of the beauty Charlie’s Angels, Cameron Diaz, goes without any makeup.The important thing that makes this movie still worth to watch is, this family feels like a family and not just thrown together in the casting process.

One last phrase from me guys, don’t judge a book by its movie!

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the professor’s opinion of Ragwort?

I’m gonna write a review about My Sister’s Keeper the movie. This movie was adapted from a novel by Jodi Picoult, one of my favorite author.

Okay, so I was going to Ambassador with my family because my brother says he had to buy something there. While my brother searching for the thing that he need, me with another family members take a look at DVD booth section. At first I’m not interested to buy any film but when I’m searching for something interesting then I found this, My Sister’s Keeper. I thought it would be a great movie since the novel was my favorite one, I thought the movie would be great too. I tried to watch this movie as soon as possible and I decided to watched in on Sunday afternoon.

Generally this movie is telling a story about Andromeda ‘Anna’ Fitzgerald. She called herself as a “designer baby.” She was genetically designed and brought to the world to be a perfect biological donor for her sister, Kate, who was diagnosed with leukemia. Because of that she cannot live ‘freely,’ in and out of the hospitals constantly makes her fed up.
Now, knowing she will have to donate one of her kidneys to her sister, she feel she can’t do it anymore. She can’t take it any longer. Then one day she walks into a lawyer’s office, asking to be medically emancipated and the rights to her own body, from her parents.

As the movie goes on, I enjoyed it quite much. The actors and actresses acts excellent. I still thought it was a great movie until I saw the ending.

Trust me, if you’ve read the book, you will hate the movie. The ending was dramatically different from the book! I feel so disappointed. The book’s ending was totally heartbreaking and tear-jerking. Surprisingly, I didn’t even cry while I watched this movie. So it is not even the same as the book. It is ruined the effect of the whole story for sure.

Despite all it is still a good movie to watch. the actors work with a fully hearted. Even one of the beauty Charlie’s Angels, Cameron Diaz, goes without any makeup.The important thing that makes this movie still worth to watch is, this family feels like a family and not just thrown together in the casting process.

One last phrase from me guys, don’t judge a book by its movie!

Thanks for the review.
Kitos.

Am I right? I mean the grammar. Would you mind checking it please? :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hello Enep,
I think you wrote part of your plot wrongly. Anna was easy to donor her kidney to her sister Kate, but Kate asked her to not to do that and because she was aware that their mother probably will force Anna to do so, she asked Anna to take a lawyer.
To me, it was a brilliant movie about the other side of the death, the way Kate accepted her death was like having a sweet dream and it meant a lot for me. Though I haven’t read the story and I wasn’t aware that the movie has been adapted from a novel, but I think it was perfect. :slight_smile:

Mixmixi

Hello Mixmixi,
Yep, you’re true dear. I just did not want my review contains spoilers :slight_smile: I hope you can accept it.
And about the book, you should read it! Totally recommended!

Dear Enep,

Then I am sorry for spoiling it, LOL. I did it unintentionally. I will take your advice and read it, thank you. :slight_smile:

P.S: My post has been edited.

Mixmixi

It’s okay :slight_smile: I always accept criticism with joy. Anyway, did you find any grammar error here? Thanks before.

For the corrections you should ask Kitos my friend. He the boss here, LOL. I am not that good to correct you but he is gifted in this matter. :slight_smile:

Mixmixi

Hmmm, he seems so busy ;( Maybe later. Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Please note the difference between ‘advice’ and ‘advise’.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A couple in an argument[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, could you please check my review? Is there any grammar error here? Thanks before :smiley:

That was my bad dear Torsten. Thank you for the correction. :slight_smile: I knew it but I made a mistake here, LOL. Sorry.

Mixmixi