A question regarding the usage of articles in the sentences

Hi,

Are these sentences correct? I have underlined the ones that I doubt.

1. Some of the projects that I have worked were targeted mainly for the benefits of physically challenged people.

2)Technology has advanced significantly, yet there are very few solutions for aiding [the] people with disabilities. Even if there is one, it would be extremely expensive that they can’t afford those. I realized this during my project on “Navigation Aids for Blind people” when I had interacted with [the] visually challenged people. We had some meetings with them at the Blind People’s Association, Delhi, to get their inputs on improving the interaction between the blind and the device. The success of this project helped me realize the power of these small chips and was a catalyst for me in exploring the uses of Electronics in improving the quality of life.

Some of the projects that I have worked on were targeted mainly for the benefits of physically challenged people.(Okay, I’d say. However, to benefit in place of the original would still be better.)
(The physically challenged = physically-challenged people or people physically challenged)
(If you mean a specific special school/orphanage, you can say: The physically- challenged people of that special school/orphanage)

Hi Anglophile,

Thanks. So, rest of the sentences are okay, right (without including the ones in the bracket)?

Is it “to benefit of the physically challenged” or “to the benefit of the physically challenged”

Some of the projects that I have worked on were intended mainly to benefit physically challenged people.
Some of the projects that I have worked on were targeted at benefiting physically challenged people.

Technology has advanced significantly, yet there are very few solutions for aiding people with disabilities. Even where they exist, they are often not affordable. I realized this during my project on “Navigation Aids for Blind people” when I had opportunities to interact with visually challenged people. We met at the Blind People’s Association, Delhi, to get their input on improving the interaction between the blind person and the navigation device. The success of this project helped me realize the power of these small chips and was a catalyst for me in exploring the uses of Electronics in improving the quality of life.

“to the benefit of the physically challenged” OR “to benefit the physically challenged”.

I recommend you do not leave out the word ‘people’ in which case it would be, “to benefit physically challenged people.”

We had some meetings with them at the Blind People’s Association, Delhi, to get their input on improving the interaction between the blind person and the navigation device.

Is this wrong?

It’s not specifically wrong, just slightly awkward.