a noun complement?

Mr Alan has written about the articles: ‘‘a’’, ‘‘an’’ that they should be used:
‘‘With a noun complement, including names of professions. She is a doctor, he became a famous actor."
1.Does ,a noun complement’’ mean ‘‘an adjective before’’ a noun?
2.Is it necessary to write ‘‘a’’ before Mr, Ms? or can I omit ‘‘a’’ as in this post writing Mr Alan?
Thanks for help!

Hi, I hope this will help.

“Be” and “become” are linking verbs. Any part of speech that follows these verbs is complement.
She is beautiful. “Beautiful” is an adj complement
She is a doctor. “Doctor” is a noun complement.

Alan is a proper noun. You can only use the or number before a proper noun. Besides, after titles such as Mr., Ms., etc., we should use surnames or full names.

Is it necessary to write ‘‘a’’ before Mr, Ms? or can I omit ‘‘a’’ as in this post writing Mr Alan?

No, it isn’t needed. … However in speaking, one could say,

" I’m searching for a Mr. Smith".

Theresa, could you please offer more clarification.?

Hi, Theresa. Thank you for your help! So a complement concerns only two verbs: be and become, not any/all verbs?
But Alan has written that I can write’‘a’’ before Mr, Ms, don’t you agree with it?

It’s because you don’t know that Smith. There is probably more than one Smith in the room. One of the meanings of “a” is one.
There are lots of linking verbs. “Be” and “become” are a case in point.

Please tell me clearly, if Alan has written: ‘‘With a noun complement, including names of professions. She is a doctor, he became a famous actor’’, did he meant that ,famous’’ is a complement of noun ,actor’’ in this sentence?

a famous actor

‘famous’ is an adjective describing the noun complement ‘actor’.

Notice that we have moved the article ‘a’ before the adjective ‘famous’.

article usage

Also, the pronunciation of that adjective would then decide what article to use, for example, we would say – a famous actor INSTEAD OF an famous actor.

Thank you Gray.
1.So when writing an adjective before noun, it depends on first letter of an adjective which indefinte article (a,an) to use, right?
2. we can also put definite article ‘‘the’’ before an adjective + noun, right?

1. True

2. True, as in –

“The whale is one of the most wonderful animals in the world” ~Charles Darwin.