A little advice: How I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I am writing here due to the great environment that I see everyday in this forum. I would like to know how I can improve my score from a 1530 to at least a 2100.

510 Reading

500 Math

520 Writing

I will have all summer and September, and a little bit of October to study for the next SAT. Any kind of helpful advice would be appreciated.

• I am mostly dissapointed in myself with the Math section; in my elementary school, junior high, and freshmen year of high school, I was very good in Math. However, in sophomore year and Junior year, my teachers use powerpoints to to teach math, and only read off of the slides thus my level isn’t as high as it could be. I am not making an excuse out of this, however if there is any kind of book, website that can give me somewhat of an review, i should be able to dramatically increase my math score.

Hello Alanator993,

Make sure you get the detailed diagnostic analysis for that test… if you can’t, take another full length practice test to get one. There are number of sources from where you can get the reasonable diagnostic analysis. All big tutoring companies will provide some reasonable analysis (kaplan, sylvan, pr etc.) you can also get detailed analysis from number of tutoring companies which do their analysis using Socrato.com scoring and analysis engine, which is one of the most detailed one and provides you point lost by topics areas. You can also signup for CB program (which cost $69) or free tests analysis from them which is ok…

Other recommendation complete few of the Math section from the blue book… and review your results and analysis using thetestgrader.com. it will take you couple of minutes but will pin point your focus areas.

Good luck with your SAT.

Hi Alanator,

I just took the SAT last month and I scored a 2360. I’m going to write a post soon about what I did and I hope it’ll help you out.

Hi HarvardSammy
I admire you. You’re really well-done ^^
So, plz share experiences with us .

I think sat book from college board can help.

Use the Bluebook. Helped me raise my score from 1380 to 2100, and I am still increasing.

The best resource is the Blue Book published by collegeboard, get the 2nd edition. Amazon has fols selling previosuly used copies at a low price. You can also use the free sites such as number2.com. If you want to try SAT multiple times. take one in October, Jan or May and choose the QAS( questiomn and asnwer service). Although you have to pay extra but the benefit is that you get detailed report on how did on various section. Based on this you can focus on areas that you can improve on. Also look at youtube video posted by eprep

I am a tutor and proctor and I understand how it difficult the task may seem. However, if you put your full effort in studying any score is possible. In my opinion you can never go wrong with the bluebook(as my name states) but also find a way to get released and unreleased QAS tests. The more you practice the higher your score will get.

The guy above is impersonating as a proctor. He is really a scammer instead.