A large company vs. a small company

Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Whether working for a large company or applying for a job in a small company, it is up to the working conditions and the character of the applicant. As far as I am concerned, I would prefer to work for a small business. The basis of my preference will be explained as follows.

To apply for a job in a large enterprise implies that you have to be able to cope with several tough interview steps. Later, if you get in the big company you are granted with a full-paid training with a certain coach in charge of your learning process. Also, you will be able to get in touch with the whole working staff from all over the world; thus team up with them to accomplish the goals of the company. Besides, you can go for being promoted in order to achieve a better salary and non-monetary benefits, such as going to the gym or having a day-care center near the work-place, and the like. Moreover, were you to find another job in the same industry, your references would be astonishingly good. However, in the pursuit of a better job position within a multinational company, you have to deal with the stressful corporate atmosphere, and, make yourself noticeable among hundreads or thousands of employees.

On the contrary, working for a small company means that you can get to know the whole business at a glance, your have to handle many different tasks, there is not a rigid promotion scale and the people you frequent at work will treat you like family.

Taking all of the above mentioned into account, in my viewpoint, although there are several advantages of being employed in a large company, I find it extremely troblesome to climb up to the top of the organizational pyramid. Instead, I would rather apply for a job in a small enterprise, because I would like to face diverse projects and I would prefer to be surrounded by co-workers and bosses that treat me like a member of their family.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students at their university cafeteria

Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Whether working for a large company or applying for a job in a small company, it is up to the working conditions and the character of the applicant. As far as I am concerned, I would prefer to work for a small business. The basis of my preference will be explained as follows.

To apply for a job in a large enterprise implies that you have to be ARE able to cope with several tough interview steps. Later, if you get in the big company you are granted with a full-paid training with a certain coach in charge of your learning process. Also, you will be able to get in touch with the whole working staff from all over the world; thus teamING up with them to accomplish the goals of the company.

Besides, you can go for being promoted APPLY FOR PROMOTION in order to achieve a better salary and non-monetary benefits, such as going to the gym or having a day-care center near the work-place, and the like.
Moreover, were you to find another job in the same industry, your references would be astonishingly good. However, in the pursuit of a better job position within a multinational company, you have to deal with the stressful corporate atmosphere, and, make yourself noticeable among hundreds or thousands of employees.

On the contrary, working for a small company means that you can get to know the whole business at a glance IN A MUCH SHORTER TIME. your YOU WILL PROBABLY have to handle many different tasks. There is not a rigid promotion scale, and the people you frequent at work will treat you like family.

Taking all of the above mentioned into account, in my OPINION, although there are several advantages of being employed in a large company, I WOULD find it extremely troUblesome to climb up to the top of the organizational pyramid.
Instead, I would rather apply for a job in a small enterprise, because I would like to face diverse projects and I would prefer to be surrounded by co-workers and bosses that treat me like a member of their family.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Kitos. 7.5/10

Thanks for the corrections.