A good sense of humor

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

I totally agree with the claim that it is essential for all of us to have a good sense of humor. It can help us to become more successful in our both personal and social lives. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a good sense of humor can help us to handle an unexpected situation. This can be illustrated by the time I was giving my college presentation. Although my presentation was good, my professor started bombarding me with several questions. He asked me about the analog and digital technologies. I was completely confused at that time, and could not offer a convincing explanation for my answer. Since I did not want him to deduct any points from my score, I started to use my sense of humor so as to brighten up the atmosphere. Like a person who was thirsting for knowledge, I asked him “Sir, What are analog and digital technologies?” As a result, I managed to make him smile, and get a full mark.

Another tangible benefit of having a good sense of humor is that we can have more friends. People always try to stay away from pain, stress, and sorrow. Laughter is an antidote to such situations. For example, consider a situation in which your friend feels a lot of anxiety before taking an exam. She needs someone to relax and recharge her. If you crack some jokes, she will not only reduce stress, but also will be attracted to you. Therefore, it is good to have an ability to bring a smile into people’s faces.

To put all in a nutshell, from my point of view, a good sense of humor is one of the most important human traits, since it can help us to improve our social skills, diminish tension, and achieve our goals.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the secretary do next?

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

I totally agree with the claim that it is essential for all of us to have a good sense of humor. It can help us to become more successful in both our personal and social lives. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a good sense of humour can help us to handle an unexpected situation. This can be illustrated by the time I was giving my college presentation. Although my presentation was good, my professor started bombarding me with several questions. He asked me about the analogue and digital technologies. I was completely confused at that time, and could not offer a convincing explanation for my answer. Since I did not want him to deduct any points from my score, I started to use my sense of humour so as to brighten up the atmosphere. Like a person who was thirsting for knowledge, I asked him “Sir, What are analogue and digital technologies?” As a result, I managed to make him smile, and gained a full mark.

Another tangible benefit of having a good sense of humour is that we can have more friends. People always try to stay away from pain, stress, and sorrow. Laughter is an antidote to such situations. For example, consider a situation in which your friend feels a lot of anxiety before taking an exam. She needs somehow to relax and recharge her flagging confidence. If you crack some jokes, she will not only reduce stress, but will also be attracted to you. Therefore, it is good to have an ability to bring a smile onto people’s faces.

To put all in a nutshell, from my point of view, a good sense of humour is one of the most important human traits, since it can help us to improve our social skills, diminish tension, and help us achieve our goals.

Almost perfect, but not quite Leenda. Still, I know you will glean new information from this … you always do! :slight_smile:

Kitos. 9/10

Thank a lot, Kitosdad…:-))