A/D: Money for librearies should be the same as for sport

Hi, everybody. I’m new here and I hope you can help me improving my writing.
Below is my essay. I would appreciate every comment on grammar, content, idioms,ideas for improvement or whatever you think should be written in a different manner. Feel free to correct the mistakes in my messages, as well.
Thank you in advance.

Topic :
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Both university libraries and sport departments need money to operate. However, before making the decision how to divide the resources between them, there are some things that should be taken in account - which is more important and how much money they require to operate properly.

University libraries should buy new books every year so that the information they offer is up-to-date. For example, once I borrowed a textbook from the library of my university, because I needed additional information for active filters.
I learned the textbook’s content very well and I was quite sure I know everything I need for the filters. After two or three months I tried to use my knowledge in my work to design a filter, and I was rather surprised that what I know is already obsolete. Hence, it is important to buy new, modern books.

On the other hand, sports activities do not require many updates, so they do not need much money either. For instance, the equipment in the sport hall of our university is 20 years old and its still in reasonably good condition. The football, basketball and volleyball terrains are good enough and they do not require money to operate. It is needed only small amount of money for buying new balls and meshes.

Finally, education is much more important than sport. Thus, the libraries should have more money to buy new books, computers and software so that the students can learn and improve their professional skills. Sports activities are good way to take a break from hard studying, but it should not be a first priority.

By and large, according to me, more money should be given to university libraries than for sport equipment, because libraries need more resources, and also because they are more important for students.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Political Science

Hi, everybody. I’m new here and I hope you can help me improving my writing.
Below is my essay. I would appreciate every comment on grammar, content, idioms,ideas for improvement or whatever you think should be written in a different manner. Feel free to correct the mistakes in my messages, as well.
Thank you in advance.

Topic :
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Both university libraries and sport departments need money to operate. However, before making the decision how to divide the resources between them, there are some things that should be taken in account - which is more important and how much money they require to operate properly.

University libraries should buy new books every year so that the information they offer is up-to-date. For example, once I borrowed a textbook from the library of my university, because I needed additional information for active filters.
I learned the textbook’s content very well and I was quite sure I knEw everything I needED for the filters. After two or three months I tried to use my knowledge in my work to design a filter, and I was rather surprised that what I knEw WAS already obsolete. Hence, it is important to buy new, modern books.

On the other hand, sports activities do not require many updates, so they do not need much money either. For instance, the equipment in the sport hall of our university is 20 years old and its still in reasonably good condition. The football, basketball and volleyball terrains are good enough and they do not require money to operate. It is needed Only A small amount of money for IS NEEDED FOR buying new balls and meshes.

Finally, education is much more important than sport. Thus, the libraries should have more money to buy new books, computers and software so that the students can learn and improve their professional skills. Sports activities are A good way to take a break from hard studying, but it should not be a first priority.

By and large, according to me, more money should be given to university libraries than for sport equipment, because libraries need more resources, and also because they are more important for students.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Thank you for your excellent submission MM. WELCOME to our Forum.

Kitos. 9/10

Thank you for your quick reply and for the corrections, Kitosad. I highly appreciate your help.