1 - How to get started?

So, you have made the decision to leave your country and find a job in the UK. What are your first steps? You should use the Internet to establish your first contacts with potential employers. Use your creativity and try to view your job hunting activities as part of your new career. If you go to Google and search for “uk jobs” you will find dozens of data bases with open positions.
Here are some of them:

totaljobs.com/jobseekers/totaljobs.asp
topjobs.co.uk/net/HomePage.aspx
jobs.co.uk/
livein-jobs.co.uk/
jobserve.com/
workgateways.com/
jobsite.co.uk/
jobsin.co.uk/
gisajob.com/
uknetguide.co.uk/Employment/Job_Search/

Now those 10 addresses are really just a starting point - you will find at least 35 more places on the Internet that offer jobs in the UK. Before you access a job site you should be clear about the following questions:

• What industry do I want to work in?
  • Am I looking for permanent employment or would I be willing to work freelance too?
  • What do I have to offer to a potential employer?
  • How much do I want to earn in my new job?

Also, make sure your CV is up-to-date and available both as an MS Word as well as a PDF file. Another essential ingredient to your successful job hunting campaign is a functional email address. It’s best if you use a web based email account which you can access from any place in the world through a web browser.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The swimmer[YSaerTTEW443543]